amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 5

Harry

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fall can drag but Spring is never too long for me.  I love 60's and low 70's, fresh air and a breeze. That never seems to last long enough.  N Mich Spring is kinda "brutal" as Alek  has so eloquently stated.

Not only high interest but a big fat balloon payment to boot!

Spring is just to long for me here..  1 month of cooler by the lake is fine and then lets just skip to June and get summer over with ASAP.  At least spring is half way over already and in a few months the days will start getting shorter :clap:

Spring is just to long for me here..  1 month of cooler by the lake is fine and then lets just skip to June and get summer over with ASAP.  At least spring is half way over already and in a few months the days will start getting shorter :clap:

Man, just move to Alaska or something.  You can live in cold darkness for half of the year if that's what you enjoy. 

I actually enjoy all the seasons, but by this time of year I have no interest in persistent cold. Can't get my mountain bike out until it dries up which won't happen anytime soon.

Cool.

Others don't though and you gotta respect that.. 

Weather passion is subjective. Errbodys got they own thang. No need to diss someone for what they personally prefer or when they root for their favorite wx..

Cool.

Others don't though and you gotta respect that.. 

Weather passion is subjective. Errbodys got they own thang. No need to diss someone for what they personally prefer or when they root for their favorite wx..

Cold in April and May is boring. If people want out of season cold, stick your head in a freezer for a bit.  :shiver:

Cold day to hit golf balls, that's for sure. Looks like it won't be until Sunday when we can see a color other than gray and temperatures approaching 60. Just can't believe the Euro runs which show the 540 consistently hanging around our region, insane cold for April folks.

Btw an interesting thing going on here in the Western Basin, we are currently under a Lakeshore Flood Watch as Lake Erie around here is currently 57" above average and expected to top out around midnight at 72" above average! Incredible fetch as well, winds out of the ENE at 30 knots causing 10+ foot waves which again almost never happens here in the shallow end of the lake

I'm worried about flooding now.  It's going to rain all week up here.

Too bad it can't keep raining till Lake Michigan is sitting along 131. :whistle::P

But yeah my warmer ( above normal temps for a week or so stay ) 2nd half of April ideas looking to be going down the drain quick.

I wonder if wishforsnow is contemplating changing his name.... I love snow but damn I would be hating life if I was up in the UP right now...

Yeah really. 7-13" forecasted for Marquette through tomorrow night. Only 2 days forecasted to be above 40° in the next 7 days. 

Snow depth: 32"

I was just looking at the point and click for Ishpeming. Not cool... It was nice for them to get blasted with 60+ of snow in Feb/March but dealing with that forecast is a nightmare IMO. We were supposed to go up and visit my in-laws in the area a few weekends ago and they were like "f that, we're coming down there" They are tired of the snow banks! :)

12z GFS is a wet (and white) dream; over 2" of precip, with some of that snow, to tack onto the nearly 4" of rain already received in April.

That storm is colder for us this run. Would be interesting to see if we could get snow this close to the lake.

Archived