joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6-8 2013 Significant Coastal Storm Observations

earthlight

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news here the high tide did not make it over the bulkhead (it had already done that Sunday morning of Sandy) So I think we will be fine. With the highest winds on the way the next high tide is the big one. Based on trends and lots of diligent watching of storms over the last 20 years I can say with some assurance nothing more then nuisance street flooding.

Winds have been solidly in the 40's for hours (gusts) Buoy 44025 gusted to 50 knots. A nice Noreaster on our hands.

Epic "snow" busts on the way maybe. But look at DC and Baltimore where everything was closed including schools for RAIN! Unreal epic bust that will cost millions. In 2013? Really?

Watch our winds continue to rise.

It's only warm at the surface ....but can we mix down the colder air! I think the difference between us and the DC area is two fold (minimum) 1) latitude and 2) their mid levels were warmer than ours...probably attributed to latitude...

It's only warm at the surface ....but can we mix down the colder air! I think the difference between us and the DC area is two fold (minimum) 1) latitude and 2) their mid levels were warmer than ours...probably attributed to latitude...

NYC's 850s are a LOT colder than DC's, about -6C right now. That's why people are reporting snow with surface temps of 5C. 

Archived