northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope

stormtracker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Northern trend.  Luckily the heavier precip and the strength of the southern low should keep us mostly in snow.  Looking at GFS it looks like taking 2/3 the total of the NAM is reasonable. Now, this is two sets of runs 6z/12z that have hit us pretty hard. Let's see if the Euro jumps on board at 12z.  Obviously the 0z Euro was further south and actually a little slower with the development. If it changes, I could see us seeing special weather statements tonight and a winter storm watch popping up tomorrow afternoon.

Ratios will probably be more in the 8-1 ratio with this storm, but hey we can't complain can we? It would be our only significant storm of the winter.

you spare another 25 miles

Mitch, you're firmly in 1.25-1.5 contour. And 1.5+ knocking on the door. I think we all know where this is going..... MBY has been loving runs for days though. hah. 

For those of us stuck on phones, what are contours heading north?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Northern trend.  Luckily the heavier precip and the strength of the southern low should keep us mostly in snow.  Looking at GFS it looks like taking 2/3 the total of the NAM is reasonable. Now, this is two sets of runs 6z/12z that have hit us pretty hard. Let's see if the Euro jumps on board at 12z.  Obviously the 0z Euro was further south and actually a little slower with the development. If it changes, I could see us seeing special weather statements tonight and a winter storm watch popping up tomorrow afternoon.

Ratios will probably be more in the 8-1 ratio with this storm, but hey we can't complain can we? It would be our only significant storm of the winter.

As progged by the GFS this would be a huge storm in any year. A foot+ of snow across the area in March is a big deal.

about 1.7"? for DCA

so now...0zEcmwfens/6ZGFS/6ZGEFS/12zNAM/12zGFS all say the euro is out to lunch.....we should see the euro come north in 2 hours...or at least take a NE job once it gets near the coast

Euro is Dog

The north trend statements are flawed. I just want to point that out one more time. SLP & ULL (give or take a little) have been locked into pretty much the same track with wobbles. The precip shield has expanded north because of intensification and the models are honing in on the deform band. 

The north trend statements are flawed. I just want to point that out one more time. SLP & ULL (give or take a little) have been locked into pretty much the same track with wobbles. The precip shield has expanded north because of intensification and the models are honing in on the deform band. 

north trend is classic weenie logic

there has actually been a north trend with the ULL and it is no longer getting shoved southeast....it is turning the corner

Archived