Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope

stormtracker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last post I'll make about the nam but from hr 69-75 it's just an all out pummeling in DCA. All snow and .6+. Surface hovering between 32-34. 

WinWxLuvr gets absolutely destroyed beyond recognition. 

I understand the NAM's reputation precedes it, but the fact is the only thing different about the NAM than the other reliable models is that it moves the CCB north from southern/central VA to our back yards

so in that respect, even if it's wrong it's only off in the placement of the megaband

then again, haven't we all expected a north shift?   just sayin'

Exactly. It's been north of the globals every single run. People need to keep repeating that to themselves....until 12z gfs comes north...

It's out to h9 right now, so one more piece of the 12z puzzle will be placed on the table....You gotta think the QPF will be less than the NAM, which it usually is...Although there was a trend of increasing QPF on the GFS ensembles, so it will be interesting to see what the American models in total have to say before today's 12z euro

Exactly. It's been north of the globals every single run. People need to keep repeating that to themselves....until 12z gfs comes north...

but all the globals have been creeping north the past few days    

I guess the question then is, will the NAM lead the way?

let's hope

but all the globals been creeping north the past few days    

I guess the question then is, will the NAM lead the way?

let's hope

I think the n creep is more a function of strength of the low and the big bad band spinning out of it vs actual track. This thing is moving kinda slow. It think that helps with not having it too compact. 

It's out to h9 right now, so one more piece of the 12z puzzle will be placed on the table....You gotta think the QPF will be less than the NAM, which it usually is...Although there was a trend of increasing QPF on the GFS ensembles, so it will be interesting to see what the American models in total have to say before today's 12z euro

I'd venture to guess that the QPF on the gfs will be about half + lower than the NAM.

Archived