Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:deadhorse:

Start it early and it's locked, banter has some lee-way.  Agree though, if GaWx wants to have a go, or anyone else, have at it Friday, excluding a few select individuals who honestly need their thread starting privileges revoked for awhile.  Recommend a mid-longe range disco, 3-5+ days, and the short range obs thread.

Oops - I didn't see this until just now.  At the time, I figured the the only 2 real waves of potential we were already discussing were in March.

There is some serious whining going on in the March Pattern discussion.  Let's buck up, people.  It's a bore to wade through those.  If all you can do is complain about why life is not working out the way you want it to, bring it to the banter.  The GFS and the EURO have no feelings, you can't compel them to go the way you want them to.  It is what it is, move on.

There is some serious whining going on in the March Pattern discussion.  Let's buck up, people.  It's a bore to wade through those.  If all you can do is complain about why life is not working out the way you want it to, bring it to the banter.  The GFS and the EURO have no feelings, you can't compel them to go the way you want them to.  It is what it is, move on.

Thisity this this.

Dual Blocking can go pound sand as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah add retrograding flow to that too. 

So we've had this winter...

-NAO...check.

+PNA....check. 

-SSW....check. 

-AO (3 months in a row or whatever).....check.

-EPO.....check.

-MJO rounded phase 8-3.....check.

-Strong -NAO check. 

--NAO/+PNA combo together......check. 

-Retrograding flow....check.

-Dual blocking....check.

=====NO snowstorm. 

I'm starting to think the SE is just not going to get any significant snow anymore.  Rant over, I'm moving on. 

There is some serious whining going on in the March Pattern discussion. Let's buck up, people. It's a bore to wade through those. If all you can do is complain about why life is not working out the way you want it to, bring it to the banter. The GFS and the EURO have no feelings, you can't compel them to go the way you want them to. It is what it is, move on.

good post.

And the weather nor any of the models play football

For everyone that keeps wondering " where are all the gulf lows" we need a nino. If we don't have a dominant southern stream we are left with energy dropping out of the northern branch. Those 99 times out of 100 don't work out well for us. You need peefect timing and an almost perfect pattern. In nino years storms enter the conus usually thru southern California or the baja. And come into the country at a lower latitude than ours.

For everyone that keeps wondering " where are all the gulf lows" we need a nino. If we don't have a dominant southern stream we are left with energy dropping out of the northern branch. Those 99 times out of 100 don't work out well for us. You need peefect timing and an almost perfect pattern. In nino years storms enter the conus usually thru southern California or the baja. And come into the country at a lower latitude than ours.

It looks like we have a decent shot at an El Nino next winter, at least.

Yeah add retrograding flow to that too. 

So we've had this winter...

-NAO...check.

+PNA....check. 

-SSW....check. 

-AO (3 months in a row or whatever).....check.

-EPO.....check.

-MJO rounded phase 8-3.....check.

-Strong -NAO check. 

--NAO/+PNA combo together......check. 

-Retrograding flow....check.

-Dual blocking....check.

=====NO snowstorm. 

I'm starting to think the SE is just not going to get any significant snow anymore.  Rant over, I'm moving on. 

It seems it doesn't matter how good the pattern is anymore. Maybe it's just all a coincidence and we just get lucky when we have snow.

The only difference I see between the pessimists and irrational exuberance folks is their verification scores. I see what you're saying, but you should also realize that there are some of us who view the constant promoting of events 7 to 10 days out in the same way. We just roll(our eyes) and scroll.  

Archived