joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's one thing for weenies like me to get excited about a big storm showing 10 days out, or even 7 days out. But I think you also have people who are supposed to be in the know and even mets who just add fuel to the fire with the long range stuff, saying things about how great the pattern is, that this month is going to be super cold, or the first half of the month looks very snowy, and then it hardly ever happens. I know we don't hve to listen, but when you have these folks and mets typing things that seem to hype it up and then that's all it bcomes is hype, then folks just think it's the boy who cried wolf.

I think it's one thing for weenies like me to get excited about a big storm showing 10 days out, or even 7 days out. But I think you also have people who are supposed to be in the know and even mets who just add fuel to the fire with the long range stuff, saying things about how great the pattern is, that this month is going to be super cold, or the first half of the month looks very snowy, and then it hardly ever happens. I know we don't hve to listen, but when you have these folks and mets typing things that seem to hype it up and then that's all it bcomes is hype, then folks just think it's the boy who cried wolf.

Your argument is somewhat valid, but only in the confines of the non-public sector. You don't hear any official forecast outlets that generate products for the general public calling for extreme patterns or snowy outlooks. You sometimes hear it in the weather community, and it is a reflection on the potential that exists. It may or may not come to fruition, but it is a risk you accept by choosing this hobby. If it frustrates you, then do something else. That goes for you, me, or anyone else. You have God-given sense. Use it and determine what to accept and what not to accept. But the complaining serves no good purpose.

Your argument is somewhat valid, but only in the confines of the non-public sector. You don't hear any official forecast outlets that generate products for the general public calling for extreme patterns or snowy outlooks. You sometimes hear it in the weather community, and it is a reflection on the potential that exists. It may or may not come to fruition, but it is a risk you accept by choosing this hobby. If it frustrates you, then do something else. That goes for you, me, or anyone else. You have God-given sense. Use it and determine what to accept and what not to accept. But the complaining serves no good purpose.

SAM-JACKSON-CLAPPING-GIF.gif

The only difference I see between the pessimists and irrational exuberance folks is their verification scores. I see what you're saying, but you should also realize that there are some of us who view the constant promoting of events 7 to 10 days out in the same way. We just roll(our eyes) and scroll.  

Yeah, but we get nothing 99% of the time.  It's easy to say bah, winter's over, we won't ever get anything again...because statistically  it is very nearly true.  But in reality it actually does work out for us that 1% of the time.  It takes a visionary to promote possible Mole storms, and a dullard to be pessimistic.  Any pessimist is going to be right most of the time just by being pessimistic...boring, chicken sit.  It takes huge he man balls to be an optimist, lol.  Now, I've seen snow in April, so I know the pessimism is bs, and there is always a chance.  I also know it once snowed in June somewhere...like in the little ice age, but unlike you I wasn't there, so I'm just going by hearsay :)  If the moles get me a storm in the next few weeks, I'll be vindicated...and the pessimists will be wrong, again, as they are every year or two :)  Look at those maps just above this post.  Most of them have precip over Tony!  Now that's no accident.  Optimism and Moles create that.  Pessimism hasn't created a snow storm in forever!!  Probably since the great pessimism storm of 1894.  T

Edit:  Poo Flowers come up all over the land after that one!

Yeah, but we get nothing 99% of the time.  It's easy to say bah, winter's over, we won't ever get anything again...because statistically  it is very nearly true.  But in reality it actually does work out for us that 1% of the time.  It takes a visionary to promote possible Mole storms, and a dullard to be pessimistic.  Any pessimist is going to be right most of the time just by being pessimistic...boring, chicken sit.  It takes huge he man balls to be an optimist, lol.  Now, I've seen snow in April, so I know the pessimism is bs, and there is always a chance.  I also know it once snowed in June somewhere...like in the little ice age, but unlike you I wasn't there, so I'm just going by hearsay :)  If the moles get me a storm in the next few weeks, I'll be vindicated...and the pessimists will be wrong, again, as they are every year or two :)  Look at those maps just above this post.  Most of them have precip over Tony!  Now that's no accident.  Optimism and Moles create that.  Pessimism hasn't created a snow storm in forever!!  Probably since the great pessimism storm of 1894.  T

Edit:  Poo Flowers come up all over the land after that one!

Nah. You won't be vindicated. It will just be a perfect example of a blind mole finding a grub. As everyone says about JB, if you call for it all the time eventually you will be right. In any event I haven't been excited about a single event this year. The one snow I did get was a surprise to me I 'll admit, but it was in and out in 2 hours. Other than that I've done OK.

Nah. You won't be vindicated. It will just be a perfect example of a blind mole finding a grub. As everyone says about JB, if you call for it all the time eventually you will be right. In any event I haven't been excited about a single event this year. The one snow I did get was a surprise to me I 'll admit, but it was in and out in 2 hours. Other than that I've done OK.

Yeah, but I don't call for Mole Storms every year, all year, lol.  And actually they verify super well on rain, and 1 or 1 on snow, if you don't actually have to have the snow over me, lol.  I do know that since I went to Mole Con, I've gotten over 9 inches of rain, lol.  And if I can get that, 'uck the snow, lol.  I'll come up with something else for the snow.  No, Burnsy you and the Moles, and me are forever bound up in rain lore across critter world.  Take pride in your place of prominence!!  The Moles speak of "The Great Burns" although they did call a contract hitter on you, after your rodent comment.  I may have neglected to tell you that, lol.  T

Yeah, but I don't call for Mole Storms every year, all year, lol.  And actually they verify super well on rain, and 1 or 1 on snow, if you don't actually have to have the snow over me, lol.  I do know that since I went to Mole Con, I've gotten over 9 inches of rain, lol.  And if I can get that, 'uck the snow, lol.  I'll come up with something else for the snow.  No, Burnsy you and the Moles, and me are forever bound up in rain lore across critter world.  Take pride in your place of prominence!!  The Moles speak of "The Great Burns" although they did call a contract hitter on you, after your rodent comment.  I may have neglected to tell you that, lol.  T

Tell them to bring it and I'll be putting up several jars of molasses.  

Archived