Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 24th threat. Signal has been there for a while now

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro a solid warning criteria event for much of SNE. Does it a bit differently. The block is the one constant which forces the energy to our south and gives us a nice event. Not nearly as slow with the SW energy as the GFS.

Sounds good to me.  Do you think the Euro will continue to perform best in this pattern?

Sounds good to me.  Do you think the Euro will continue to perform best in this pattern?

Yes...but really we'll have to wait until inside 3 days with the complex blocking setup. Back to sleep in a minute....I'll prob wait until the run finishes to see if it does something fun with the 2/26-27 threat.

GEFS, GGEM, Ukie, and Euro don't agree with the OP GFS ejecting the SW energy so slowly...I thought the OP run looked funny since the SW energy wasn't cut off from the flow really.

With the maps on Ewall, I cant see this at all.... It looks like the low is on the coast of Virginia at 120 hrs with only the 70% 700mb humidity reaching as far north as NYC... On the next 24 hr depiction, it looks like its out to sea well south of the bm!

It hits SNE hard at 126-132-138 hours. Bad run for seeing it on the 24 hour panels.

EURO looked much improved overnight, even gives down here a high end advisory/low end warning event after the temps crash with the coastal saturday night. With the fact that most systems this year have trended colder, I like where this one sits right now. Tossing the 0z GFS, it has no support, and history this season has shown that when the big one comes, don't bet against the EURO. Doubt this is an all snow event down here, but think there's a decent shot at a significant (4"+) snowfall, and most of you guys should see a nice storm.

-skisheep

So typical for the GFS to do this ... it just has a propensity to drop southern stream impulses in middle ranges - it's like it has a gene for it, just so much as one can have blue eyes, this is it's brown eye.   

In this run, there is a slight more northern stream dynamics dumped into the impulse near 84 hours out of the Dakotas, but the southern stream is weakened to the point where it's ineffectual by 100 or so hours.   My hunch is the other model types won't be so stingy with that.  

Archived