amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Feb 24th threat. Signal has been there for a while now

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In any case, the look for Saturday Night is pretty good on most guidance sans the GFS op. Personally, I would like a better hit on the euro because not sure temps will cut it...but can't be terribly picky 108hrs out or so.

i like the positioning of the HP. on the euro you can see the low dp air nosing out off of NS / PEI etc. 

Haven't seen the individuals but I would bet the wet ones are warm and the cold ones are dry, resulting in a mean SLP position and QPF distribution that looks deceptively like a snowstorm.

But of course at this range it doesn't really matter what the specifics show.  I'm just glad the GFS and ens are showing a moderately strong coastal storm, basically in line with other guidance.

Nice to see I was wrong.  Most are a little warm in CT, RI, and SEMa, but several pretty good marginal snowstorm solutions.

The OP euro would probably be decent in the elevated interior. Looks like an advisory type event verbatim but may struggle lower down if it doesn't come down heavier. Ensembles are def a bit more bullish.

Euro op gets really good dynamics to the Cape...would not take much to bring it north.

i don't think the BL would be a big deal on the euro. initially it's mild but once the good precip gets going...it looks OK. 

I think it certainly would be initially.  I could see upper 30s to low 40s near the coast in SEMa with the initial lighter precip in that stale airmass.  But once the ccb gets cranking - if it were to crank like the Euro shows - I agree it probably would crash to low 30s and accumulating snow.

I think it certainly would be initially.  I could see upper 30s to low 40s near the coast in SEMa with the initial lighter precip in that stale airmass.  But once the ccb gets cranking - if it were to crank like the Euro shows - I agree it probably would crash to low 30s and accumulating snow.

i think it looks pretty standard for late february really. it's a bit stale to begin with and would probably just be garbage for a while, but that's all crappy precip to start anyway. 

it would also only take a bit to have it be colder (or milder i suppose though i don't think that's likely)

moot point anyway at this juncture. 

Archived