• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 13: The little storm that could (for some)

Ian

Lol. The NAM is awful

It is out in time but simply using it as a tool to look for changes in track and strength of the vort inside of 48 is a good use. The NAM has a better dig and a sharper vort early on when it counts than the euro does. Especially over tx/ok. Both the nam and gfs have been statues here.  That can't just be discounted because the nam is terrible @ 72-84 hours. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is out in time but simply using it as a tool to look for changes in track and strength of the vort inside of 48 is a good use. The NAM has a better dig and a sharper vort early on when it counts than the euro does. Especially over tx/ok. Both the nam and gfs have been statues here. That can't just be discounted because the nam is terrible @ 72 hours.

I discount it. We never learn

His snowpack has already compacted to 43"

CT Blizz, right?  For the first time ever, I wandered into the NE thread to look at pics from this weekend.  I've never trolled anyone before, but I was real close to doing it to him.  I was going to comment that his 'world famous snowbanks' were impressive and that they were about the same size as ours at the half-way points of 12-19-09 and 2-6-10.

CT Blizz, right?  For the first time ever, I wondered into the NE thread to look at pics from this weekend.  I've never trolled anyone before, but I was real close to doing it to him.  I was going to comment that his 'world famous snowbanks' were impressive and that they were about the same size as ours at the half-way points of 12-9-09 and 2-6-10.

Yup Kevin is Ct Blizz, if you would have told him that he would have gone ballistic :lol: .

Ratios in the January 2011 storm were about that.  We (BWI) had about as much QPF that day as Feb 5-6, 2010 (over 2" if I recall) and I had about 1/3rd the snow.  

Sounds about right.  I think we had 8" or so, but it was incredibly heavy stuff that brought down limbs all over my local area and led to 12-hour power outages.

I am done with this one. I will still root for it passively. I am kind of over rooting for MRB/HGR/JYO though I hope they get something out of it. I dont really see how DC/Immedite burbs get anything other than some paste at the end that doesnt do too much. Maybe 1-2". I dont expect the euro to show anything great. Good luck to the exburbs.

Archived