• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Feb 13: The little storm that could (for some)

Ian

im worried now...this is the euro's wheelhouse...if we are going to get snow it should show us getting punched in the gut by now

You can see it @ 500 over tx/ok. Not the same at all. Not sure why such a spread at such short lead. It's hard to doubt the nam inside of 36 + the gfs but euro leaves a doubt sandwich with bacon and cheese on the table.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't have access but is there any baginess in the SW with the euro (ie not ejecting the full S/W?) That would play in to usual biases, though usually not this early in the game.

there was at 12z and it has been corrected...maybe there will be better sfc reflection tomorrow and we can get on with the business of worrying about it being 100 degrees when the precip starts

So you think it is highly unlikely that its usual bias of holding back energy is unlikely because we are within 72 hours and that usually happens farther out?.

It's not really like that. Looks close enough to the gfs through like 42 but then the vort halts it's dig and goes the other way @ 48. Then holds the more sheared look through the end. Very different.

One thing I like..The solution at 0z is nothing like 12z...there is pretty much no way the 12z solution is right....the euro has no continuity...it is lost right now...

I agree. It's a complete outlier. If it showed a storm right now with all other models out to sea...you would have your doubts also

Return of the vinyl who likes Sat/Sun as do I.  Where is cold air for VD?

unless the northern S/W weakens or speeds up, nowhere. I have my doubts about VD because of the BL... having it at night helps, but I still have my doubts.

The biggest thing that scares me for VD is the torch isn't just near the ground, its all the way up to around 900, that screams rain to me (this is the model verbatim, don't know if I buy it yet). I want to resolve strength, track issues before I worry about temps

Over the last 4 runs the NAM has noticeably trended toward the GFS camp. Still shows a cutter on the 06Z but shows a quicker progression of the SW with the trough holding a neutral tilt longer before going negative. At this point it shows a closed 500 low running through W MD into central PA ys previous runs showing it in North Western/ Western PA. I would not be surprised whatsoever if by this time tomorrow we are talking about the trough and any associated cutoff low dropping through our region.

The 06Z is also once again showing a secondary forming off the VA coast but has a sloppy look to it. I have to wonder if by this time tomorrow the NAM goes completely away from that idea and instead shows 1 low sliding through the general MD/VA region.

Archived