joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th-9th Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thought: Upton starting the blizzard warning at 6am would give Bloomberg more of a reason to cancel school and keep people from going to work. Call it activist or call it being over-cautious or call it bullish, I dont think blizzard conditions would really kick in until 6 PM rather than 6 AM. That being said, I approve of them going with 6am just to get everyone off the roads and out of work if they dont need to be.

I agree with the Blizzard Conditions starting at 6 PM, but an early release should be arranged.

Term number 3 please (in your sig)...likely one of the most underrepresented of them all...and possibly the largest contributor to rapid cyclogenesis.

:thumbsup: So often neglected and unloved... I just had to include it. Looks like we'll get front row seats as to why it shouldn't be left out.. 

That's what I'm talking about!

Blizzard warnings for all of CT, RI, NYC and surrounding areas ,LI, and coastal MA, NH, and ME.

10-14 for the city, 18-24" for me.

-skisheep

Blizzard Warning
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY355 PM EST THU FEB 7 2013...MAJOR WINTER STORM TO IMPACT THE TRI-STATE AREA FRIDAY INTOSATURDAY...CTZ005-009-080500-/O.UPG.KOKX.WS.A.0001.130208T1800Z-130209T1800Z//O.NEW.KOKX.BZ.W.0001.130208T1100Z-130209T1800Z/NORTHERN FAIRFIELD-SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD-355 PM EST THU FEB 7 2013...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM FRIDAY TO 1 PM ESTSATURDAY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARDWARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM FRIDAY TO 1 PM ESTSATURDAY.* LOCATIONS...SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD COUNTY.* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS.* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 18 TO 24 INCHES.* WINDS...NORTHEAST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH.* TEMPERATURES...FALLING IT NO THE 20S FRIDAY EVENING.* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS AT TIMES.* TIMING...THE STRONGEST WINDS AND HEAVIEST SNOW WILL OCCUR FRIDAY  EVENING INTO SATURDAY MORNING.* IMPACTS...HEAVY SNOW AND WINDS WILL MAKE FOR DANGEROUS DRIVING  CONDITIONS WITH VISIBILITIES NEAR ZERO IN WHITE-OUT CONDITIONS.  IN ADDITION...SOME TREE LIMBS WILL BE DOWNED...CAUSING SCATTERED  POWER OUTAGES.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS AREEXPECTED OR OCCURRING. FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDSAND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL LEAD TO WHITEOUTCONDITIONS...MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. DO NOT TRAVEL. IFYOU MUST TRAVEL...HAVE A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT WITH YOU. IF YOU GETSTRANDED...STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE.

Your first post certainly did not mention blizzard warning. You posted the word "always". Blizzard warnings are not issued that often.

You are correct sorry for that.

But based on the latest models it should be for W./E. Monmouth on north thru Middlesex.

Rossi

Middlesex and parts of Monmouth are always a challenge in these situations being under Mt Holly. I always felt they should have remained with NY Upton. Either way those parts of Jersey look to do quite well. Im not complaining.

Yup, right on the edge there, along with Ocean County with the CCB. I feel bad for whoever ends up just west of that thing, there's almost certainly going to be big shifts in snowfall amounts over south central Jersey.

Archived