joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th-9th Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy now. And you guys are riding me for being pessimistic, this is just as weenie-like.

I don't think it had anything to do with you being pessimistic, but rather that you were just flat out wrong saying it was torching when it was noticeably colder than the 12Z run.

Hey guys I unfortunatly have a flight tomorrow out of JFK at 11am. I am so pissed off!!! I am taking American, which is apt to cancel flights even when there is not much going on. I hope to god that my flight is cancelled!! What should I expect?? American has already canceled 100 flights and rising.

12+ from Ttn northeast this run.

City area gets 18+

I don't understand this. The NAM shows everyone getting 2-4" OF QPF, almost all snow for everyone, except for maybe a couple of hours during the transfer. This is a flat-out crippling, crushing snowstorm. 18+ is conservative's conservative. The NAM dumps 30+" of snow for everyone, east Jersey and east.

18z NAM is pretty...but it's overdone. I say cut the totals in half and run with your accums. So  3 in. of QPF with 10 or 12: 1 ratio = 15 in. or so.

Usually I would agree - However the SREF 2 inch Euro 2.50 - Euro ensmbles a little more than that , so the 3 on the NAM may be over by a third , mayb not half .

Archived