12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Clipper express v 2.0 (February 1-6)

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply
000NWUS53 KMKX 020803LSRMKXPRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI202 AM CST SAT FEB 02 2013..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON.....DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....            ..REMARKS..0120 AM     SNOW             6 SW RACINE             42.67N 87.87W02/02/2013  M2.5 INCH        RACINE             WI   PUBLIC            REPORTED VIA FACEBOOK0120 AM     SNOW             3 NNW RACINE            42.77N 87.81W02/02/2013  M2.0 INCH        RACINE             WI   PUBLIC            REPORTED VIA FACEBOOK

Just looked at the radar. Seems anyone south of I94 through the state of Michigan is going to get the high end of 2" from this one. A lake enhanced vane of snow running east across the state, much like the LES a few days back. I allways rember the saying "snow breeds snow", for this season it is in our region.

Just looked at the radar. Seems anyone south of I94 through the state of Michigan is going to get the high end of 2" from this one. A lake enhanced vane of snow running east across the state, much like the LES a few days back. I allways rember the saying "snow breeds snow", for this season it is in our region.

Yeah our region has been very lucky with snow for about 6 years now. First the great times (2007-08 thru 2010-11) when all it did was snow lol, then the widespread trainwreck that was last year still saw more snow than we should, and now this winter has become a very normal winter for our area. Not great by any means, but certainly not bad. Looking at the forecast it is possible we will see measurable snow every day through Friday. IF that happens, it will mean 9 consecutive days of measurable snow (Jan 31-Feb 8) after we just recently saw 7 consecutive days (Jan 21-28) which would mean 16 out of 19 days saw measurable snow.

Snow falling outside, looks like the 7-10am window might be the best, we shall see.

Glad I bailed late in the game. Eyeballing 0.5" or so here.

Couple of reports from LOT's CWA. Looks like NW IN is the winner.

0600 AM     SNOW             3 SW MIDWAY AIRPORT     41.75N 87.79W02/02/2013  M1.7 INCH        COOK               IL   CO-OP OBSERVER            1 INCH ON THE GROUND. 0.07 INCH LIQUID EQUIVALENT

0600 AM     SNOW             PORTAGE                 41.59N 87.18W02/02/2013  M3.2 INCH        PORTER             IN   PUBLIC

biggrin.png

2-Feb-2013 is officially awarded "most wintery day in exactly two years"!  The last time Marshall looked like an "Up North city" was just after the GHD bliz was winding down in 2011. I expected yesterday's LES to have settled a lot (like it usually does) by the time I got home after work. WRONG! Shocked to see that the stuff had staying power and barely settled at all. Plus added 0.3 during the day. Had at least a half inch with more expected this morning. Looks like I'll be in double digits since the switch back to winter Wed night/early Thursday! And my place is 80 miles from the lake. An awesome event and ties Dec '09 "backside bliz" for greatest single LES event in the almost 11 yrs I've been around here. Also, into the office today, and they got smacked here in N. Berrien county. At least 6" since yesterday evening and still snowing. Quite fun getting around this morning. My car is my new snowmobile lol. Haven't driven in this much winter since moving south out of the snowbelt of NMI. Was another "ditch party" on 94 this morn in spite of the lack of traffic. Clipper express v2.0 could end up outperforming the first one for snow totals/depth in SWMI!

A couple days ago the models had this first clipper dropping 1-2 inches in CR, but a trace was all we got.  The rest of the clipper train doesn't look like much for us, either.

With the pattern changing again later next week it's possible we may go the entire winter with almost no clipper snow.  That would be unusual.  We've had several 4+ inch clippers in recent years and a few 1-3" clippers are pretty much a guarantee each winter.

LAF clipper shield did well. Been MIA since February 2007...as if that's really something to complain about. Seeing 1"+ totals to the north, west, and south. Even the current crappy bands swinging through on the backside are breaking up upon approach. For MBY, it was Euro that won this round. Not a good thing going forward I guess, as it's basically shut out city for the next couple of impulses. Oh well, some snow is better than none.

Archived