joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Clipper express v 2.0 (February 1-6)

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. It looks like much of the Great Lakes area is going to share the wealth. The upcoming period looks to be one of the most promising times for clippers this season. There is finally some moisture along with the cool temps.

Lots of clippers with no moisture awesome love those events that take 12-15 hrs to get 1.5" of snow. I see your overly positive this AM? Is that the LES your supposed to get? :P

Models and ensembles all over the place with numerous clippers timing, placement, and strength...but early signs are that this clipper express will not fail as the last one did. The one actual clipper we got last time (Jan 25) was an overperformer as well. Not to mention these type of storms usually have very high ratio snow. Im sure someone will be in the screwzone, but hopefully all cash in.

Lots of clippers with no moisture awesome love those events that take 12-15 hrs to get 1.5" of snow. I see your overly positive this AM? Is that the LES your supposed to get? :P

Haha...maybe a little...I sure wasn't happy to lose it all yesterday. I just felt like being positive and encouraging. I am really not usually THAT whiny...but this winter pushed me over the top. :P

Gfs has 30 hrs of continuous light measurable snow starting at 60 hrs. For a large part of Ohio and lower lakes

These are the type of events that scream overperformer. (I better not have jinxed it). Looks like OH will do better than MI perhaps, but as long as my snowcover returns Ill be happy. Im one of those people who doesnt mind missing the jackpot...but I BETTER have snow on the ground! I have had 20" to Chicago's 3" this season, and yet I was a bit jealous that their torch ended with a fresh coating of snow and mine didnt. Yes, Im that selfish :lol:

This current air mass isn't going to nearly be as dry as the last one was, I would expect the clippers to have a better potential to yield especially since they aren't going to get absolutely crushed by a strong polar vortex this time around. I actually really like the potential with the clipper at the end of the weekend.

This current air mass isn't going to nearly be as dry as the last one was, I would expect the clippers to have a better potential to yield especially since they aren't going to get absolutely crushed by a strong polar vortex this time around. I actually really like the potential with the clipper at the end of the weekend.

I would too agree. The last arctic airmass was almost desert cold dry.... I have a feeling salt might be more difficult to buy in a few weeks.

Archived