joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 21/22 Storm Obs/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar looks like junk but if those meso models are right, some echoes in NY move east and blow up in SNE. I don't have much faith but we'll know in a few hours lol.

I think they may just be meso-low happy and are spinning up a spurious low to suck precip north.

Radar looks like junk but if those meso models are right, some echoes in NY move east and blow up in SNE. I don't have much faith but we'll know in a few hours lol.

I think they may just be meso-low happy and are spinning up a spurious low to suck precip north.

There are some bands out in CNy and NE Pa but I don't know if they'll blossom for us . You can see how it happens like the mesos show. But we won't know for another 2-3 hours if they're on to something or BS

Unfortunately it's only sustainable with small amounts. When you start racking up the 3-4"+ the weight of the snow compresses upon itself.

Yeah... I know J.Spin's had some 6-8" amounts in the 40-50:1 ratio range (that photo I posted was 6" of 42:1 snow). 

Its the type of stuff where you can easily see the ruler through the first inch of snow and its snowing cotton balls, lol.

that northern band is our last hope as it sinks SE.   Other than that, we are done unless another band develops out of nowhere...

Time will tell, I said this morning was hoping for a dusting but honestly never thought it would be this bad, a couple flurries and nothing on the ground, would have accumulated very quickly even with a 15 minute burst of light to moderate snow.

Oh well:) lets hope things turn out well for our friends out east.

Time will tell, I said this morning was hoping for a dusting but honestly never thought it would be this bad, a couple flurries and nothing on the ground, would have accumulated very quickly even with a 15 minute burst of light to moderate snow.

Oh well:) lets hope things turn out well for our friends out east.

LI getting it good-it's a game of inches sometimes...

Archived