e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Winter storm threat disc 1/25/13-1/26/13

Allsnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The s/w is slowing down on the models, which gives it a better chance to phase with stuff  near the lakes once its in the Ohio valley 

We are pretty close on the euro to an all out phase bomb

I wouldn't want a big phase for the initial storm. That would cause it to cut inland and rain for us. The follow-up coastal storm looks interesting though and needs to be monitored to see if it can form and become amplified in time to throw more snow back west.

We're still going to see a lot of changes given we are over 4 days away from this. I feel more comfortable that we should at least some snow out of this even in the warmest solution. No need to be greedy, I'll take 3-6" and be happy, remember the last time we tried to be greedy (December 29) and got completely screwed. 

I wouldn't want a big phase for the initial storm. That would cause it to cut inland and rain for us. The follow-up coastal storm looks interesting though and needs to be monitored to see if it can form and become amplified in time to throw more snow back west.[/quote

He means a more phased secondary. And with a good track u would b very pleased

We're still going to see a lot of changes given we are over 4 days away from this. I feel more comfortable that we should at least some snow out of this even in the warmest solution. No need to be greedy, I'll take 3-6" and be happy, remember the last time we tried to be greedy (December 29) and got completely screwed. 

It will be a lot colder this time around.

Overnight lows after this storm are in the single digits for the area.

Overnight lows after this storm are in the single digits for the area.

Which model(s) show single digits for NYC after storm passage?   Hey, I'm in Brooklyn too.  Looks like warm up near 30th. with rain,  then cold again early Feb.

Exactly. Not so concerned about warm air. Just concerned about the amount of moisture and/or suppression.

That would be my only concern at this point. If the Euro is too strong with the low development

between 96-120 hrs, then we would see a weaker low a little south with less precip than this run.

This demonstrates my claim yesterday that there is definitely a weak blocking signal, not a big block, but an area of higher heights helping to hold the 50/50 in place. You also have arctic air in place before the storm and a nice pna spike out west. 

f108.gif

Archived