EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Winter storm threat disc 1/25/13-1/26/13

Allsnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What it all comes down to is understanding that the NYC sub-forum covers more than just your own backyard. Those of us folks in the interior should get the same respect as those that live near the coast. Some of us in the interior flat out don't feel like we're welcomed as part of the NYC forum.

I think if ur below 84 ur in ur the thread . It's not a 5 boroughs thread. I live in laurel hollow and colts neck

The gfs would be a nice solid event, but given it's still pretty far out I'm still nervous it goes further north. I'd rather see a more suppressed solution right now than what the gfs is showing. 

I don't think the GFS is even close to locking on to a solution yet. I wouldn't get excited or concerned over any individual run yet.

Temps would be in the 20's if the GFS would verify. Haven't seen a snowstorm with temps in the 20's in a while.

havent seena snowstorm in 2 yrs.....lol

12z was a lot weaker with the thursday clipper compared to 6z... so thinking that 6z was a true hiccup run.

I still believe the track is too far northwest. The surface low as progged never gets stronger than 1007mb on the GFS, and we've got a frigid antecedent airmass with a 1029-31mb sfc high over upstate NY through Thursday night. A 1007mb low running up to SW PA with a 1030mb high over NNE? I don't think so. The short wave doesn't look amplified enough at H5 to produce such a northward displaced sfc low. Where is the strong mechanism to drive the IP line to 40N latitude when the storm itself is so weak. Mid level warm air advection is often underestimated in SWFE's one may argue - yes that's true, but if the sfc low track is incorrect by 100-200 miles, that warm punch will be occurring over DCA and not PHL.         

Archived