• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Winter storm threat disc 1/25/13-1/26/13

Allsnow

I think we are in the same range . Living here long enough you know you always sleet  or drizzle at the end of WAA ,  but its not goin to wash accumulations away if it happens  - you will just have  to shovel 6  inches of cement away  .

Yep, but this time I would suggest shoveling quickly it gets cold after it. I'd would rather shovel wet cement then break it up after it sets.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The colder weaker trend continues, so tonight.s GEM will finally show all snow for NYC.   The GFS storm is not much different from tonight's storm; let's see what the ECMWF has to say.  Snow in NYC is rarely clear cut, even the Boxing Day Blizzard was too far east on some of the GFS, and ECMWF runs three days before the storm.

Same problem as the 06Z run earlier today, bombs the clipper well off the Delmarva at Day 2-3......that likely causes some sort of suppression that impacts this storm.....someone in SNE posted about how if you look how oddly this evolves out of a piece of energy from the West Coast trough its not surprising the models are having trouble...this one may be very late to get resolved.

To sum it up so far....Canadian....congrats Bridgeport....NOGAPS...congrats Belmar....UKIE....congrats Inuits....and GFS....congrats nobody.

I'm sure you were mmostly going for a few chuckles (I lol-ed, especially at the Inuit line), but actually, that's a great, concise summary.  Maybe the Euro will show a snowstorm for Myrtle Beach...

Australian model FWIW...over the Benchmark...this model actually tends to do very good believe it or not with storms over the U.S....the resolution image is impossible to tell anything other than track location though...

IDY20000.mslp-precip.114.png

Wow, that thing is wild. First time I have ever seen it. Very cool to see all the pressure areas over that amount of globe. This is just the surface right? Is there something like this for higher MB's of the atmosphere? Regardless it is a very cool map. :thumbsup:

Archived