• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Pattern change on our doorstep - will it deliver the goods? General Discussion/ banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea but you have fluff, folks like Will have solid cement.

LOL there's nothing fluffy about it anymore... the dog can pretty much walk on it.

We've been above freezing the past couple afternoons, then really cold at night... a little rain the other night changing to graupel.  Now a bit of freezing rain today.

This is now a durable 10.5"... really crunchy and crusty.  Like a March snowpack.

Yeah this view is going to look a bit different by Monday me thinks... still have a pretty solid 10.5" here on the valley floor at 750ft (out by the fields on the right side of photo) but that's going to go quickly Sun/Mon.

IMG_1461_edited-1.jpg

Freak, would you say 10 inches is about par for the course up that way in mid winter or are you guys behind a little?>

I'm sure it isn't pure fluff anymore, but even if it isn't glacial yet that 10" will probably still be equivalent to a 6" concrete.

Yeah no where near fluff, haha.

If you saw in the NNE thread, J.Spin did a liquid analysis of his 10 inch pack and found over 2" of QPF in it.

There's some heft in this stuff... though I know everyone thinks we don't get QPF events, just fluff events.

That big storm over the holidays gave up to 1.5" of QPF alone, so that's got some staying power.

Freak, would you say 10 inches is about par for the course up that way in mid winter or are you guys behind a little?>

Pretty par for the course for early January given what I've seen the past few years here.  Real snowpack depth is Feb/March.  Ironically, last year we had about the same as right now I think.

LOL there's nothing fluffy about it anymore... the dog can pretty much walk on it.

We've been above freezing the past couple afternoons, then really cold at night... a little rain the other night changing to graupel. Now a bit of freezing rain today.

This is now a durable 10.5"... really crunchy and crusty. Like a March snowpack.

thanks, take an afternoon shot on Monday.

Fill your heating tanks soon, Nat Gas futures up 4.25 % as shorties bail, from Bloomberg. I think Carrie did not see the ENS yet. Note the cool word, lol.

Private weather forecasters egged on the rally Friday by projecting a cool blast from Canada stretching into the U.S. Northeast and Midwest in the next 11 to 15 days. But weather models continued to send "mixed signals" about the extent of the shift, according to MDA EarthSat meteorologist Carrie Silver.

found answer to our quote problem...or part of the problem. Midlo Snowmaker answered it in this threadhttp://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/38526-january-2013-mid-long-range-disco-thread/page-20#entry1992518

Sorry...I could've told you that if you wanted to see the raw code. Most of the upgrade issues are tied to compatibility with other browsers/versions.

Will you be able to make it to Gtg tomorrow with all the limbs and debris down?

LOL.  I will be there.  You better get there early so I can get you your beets.  What time are folks getting there?  I think the thread said two or three.  My plan is to hang there for about two hours and then head back to the Pit.

Just had a mega roof slide.  What's a winter without losing a few slates.

30.7/29

LOL. I will be there. You better get there early so I can get you your beets. What time are folks getting there? I think the thread said two or three. My plan is to hang there for about two hours and then head back to the Pit.

Just had a mega roof slide. What's a winter without losing a few slates.

30.7/29

Prob around 3:00. Have a new drier being delivered. Ours shat the bed after 12 years

LOL.  I will be there.  You better get there early so I can get you your beets.  What time are folks getting there?  I think the thread said two or three.  My plan is to hang there for about two hours and then head back to the Pit.

Just had a mega roof slide.  What's a winter without losing a few slates.

30.7/29

hoping to be there at game time 430, might be later.

Archived