• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Pattern change on our doorstep - will it deliver the goods? General Discussion/ banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of the GWO. Preliminary data says the +DAAM/DT is off:

362 2013  1  7 -0.36  0.43 15 3.5    0.6  363 2013  1  8 -0.29  1.14 20 4.5    1.2  364 2013  1  9 -0.07  1.98 20 4.5    2.0  365 2013  1 10  0.17  1.60 20 4.5    1.6  366 2013  1 11  0.29  0.18 25 5.5    0.3

Off? I'm not seeing anything stand out. But I learned from you so what do you see?

Also can you share any links or point me in the right direction to research on the ozone concentrations you were talking about the other day over Canada. Very interesting stuff! 

PS Looks like we are on the same page...my strat analogs have Feb. 7-11 as cooler air punch, matching up to your Feb 5-10 strat signal for a storm you mention. 

On the iphone I don't see any association to the quote at all when logged out.  It's a mess.  When logged in on a windows 8 machine it doesn't associate the quotes when replying.  When logged out the quotes are totally unassociated to a poster, it looks like people are talking to themselves (which they may be if we don't get snow)

Oh so is this a Windows 8 thing with quotes? Dang it's getting ANNOYING....I liked the old version where we could see the html code for the quotes. 

Oh so is this a Windows 8 thing with quotes? Dang it's getting ANNOYING....I liked the old version where we could see the html code for the quotes. 

At least Win 8/IE10.   There isn't another site on the web that I have problems viewing just this one.   The only issue I ever had with the old one was the return key not working. 

I'm definitely liking the potential for a long duration upslope and lake effect leftovers event along the spine of the Greens, Berkshires, and Taconics as this cold pattern takes hold. The Great Lakes are warm and open for business, so there should be plenty of moisture being advected toward the topography of western New England.

Best case scenario, this could be a bit like the 12/5-6/10 upslope event that left me with 9-10" of powder over two days and parts of the Greens with 2 feet +. A nice, deep layer of W to NW flow and CAA can mean some good stuff around here.

I'm right there with you... I know for sure that most on here would be very happy to have days of cold/dry NW flow just so the upslope regions and lakes can get pounded ;)

How did Mansfield do in Jan 04?

It was pretty average... all the snow fell in December 2003 so we had a solidly above average pack going into Jan 04, then we nickel and dimed all month.  Cold NW flow will do that with weak lobes of vorticity cycling through. 

Here's the snowpack comparison from 03-04 and where we are right now this season.  Man though, what a great 2-3 week stretch we've had that's coming to an end.  That graph shows it well with an immediate turn around from well below average to above average snowpack.

Seems a little aggressive for a FZRA advisory.

i thought so at first but our DPs are 25 out here and it's already 36 at my place in Ayer.   WB is probably like 31.9 - ha

We had a cold overnight and "cap" day so we don't have much room to keep the streets/walkways liquid if that's reached.  

It was pretty average... all the snow fell in December 2003 so we had a solidly above average pack going into Jan 04, then we nickel and dimed all month.  Cold NW flow will do that with weak lobes of vorticity cycling through. 

Here's the snowpack comparison from 03-04 and where we are right now this season.  Man though, what a great 2-3 week stretch we've had that's coming to an end.  That graph shows it well with an immediate turn around from well below average to above average snowpack.

attachicon.gifgendateplot.php3.png

Coming to an end? for what 3 days then its balls to the walls upslope.

Archived