• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Pattern change on our doorstep - will it deliver the goods? General Discussion/ banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While something like the Canadian at day 7 is not impossible...I would file it under "unlikely" so don't be disappointed when models show something OTS. This PV could lead to clippers down the road as it lifts out...something we've mentioned before.

Gulf of Maine-effect snow for Nova Scotia!!!!!!

NOT BORING!

While something like the Canadian at day 7 is not impossible...I would file it under "unlikely" so don't be disappointed when models show something OTS. This PV could lead to clippers down the road as it lifts out...something we've mentioned before.

There's very little worse than brutal cold and dry, IMO. Does look like a clipper pattern which can be profitable but we need that energy in the flow otherwise we'll only be trying to figure out if the high will be 12F or 16F haha.

Not sure I agree. Really don't see anything that says snow is likely.

I think all the signals are now there for a winter event on Tuesday. When you see Norluns and pseudo def bands and models delivering qpf in diff ways its trying to signal an event. Maybe it's only 1-3.. But I think it might end up being like a 3-6 type deal

I'd take it. The overall pattern keeps cold with maybe a clipper and a chance for something bigger with such a sharp ridge out west. This is the type of pattern where weenie s/w's may just appear in NW Canada heading SE within like 5 days.

Yeah verbatim it blows but if the PV can spread out a bit and the trough is able to sharpen a bit we could see one of those s/ws blow up. Probably will not be modeled well until within 5 days either. 

I think all the signals are now there for a winter event on Tuesday. When you see Norluns and pseudo def bands and models delivering qpf in diff ways its trying to signal an event. Maybe it's only 1-3.. But I think it might end up being like a 3-6 type deal

This post is a triple bunner.

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

Yeah verbatim it blows but if the PV can spread out a bit and the trough is able to sharpen a bit we could see one of those s/ws blow up. Probably will not be modeled well until within 5 days either. 

I suppose if the clippers all stay north than it's a noose tying pattern. I guess I just like the overall look, but details TBD. Besides, this may have to wait until post 1/20 to really have any good snow chances.

Archived