• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Pattern change on our doorstep - will it deliver the goods? General Discussion/ banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

said ain't it?

I suspect this will be the hateful snow-eating fog doing much more damage than the forecasted temps alone (43-47-46 on the p/c).

We were bringing students to the busses Thurs for ski club when a huge section of snow came rumbling down. What a great sound. Fortunatley no one was under it

Looks cold and boring as all get out... under 0.1" of QPF for BOS through January 20th ranging to a 0.25" up here.  Riviting stuff.

And this includes the rain on Sunday night, haha.

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/gfs/06/gfs_namer_192_precip_ptot.gif

Even through hour 300 its not much better. 

Tracking cold and dry during the heart of winter is so much fun ;)

Euro is wall to wall excitement. Static electricity and wood stove talk for 10 days. Nice cold air though.

morning Debra, ski area bonanza, multiple impulses with LES, upslope and Windex. Great time for a VT trip. Also clipper ops and Miller B. As the PV core rotates around the general overall circulation look for opportunity for SWs. Historically for those with patience the pattern will produce in a very significant way.

morning Debra, ski area bonanza, multiple impulses with LES, upslope and Windex. Great time for a VT trip. Also clipper ops and Miller B. As the PV core rotates around the general overall circulation look for opportunity for SWs. Historically for those with patience the pattern will produce in a very significant way.

So you think based on history these next ten days are going to be much more riveting than modeled?

We've been shoveling feelings and analogs since thanksgiving

So you think based on history these next ten days are going to be much more riveting than modeled?

We've been shoveling feelings and analogs since thanksgiving

Pretty much-we had our one storm on 12/29/12. Last year featured one storm around 1/19...Hopefully we can get something, but looks bad next 7-10 days for much more than .25 of QPF and average temps...

Ginxy is pulling all punches............goodbye sultan hello ginx and XXX I love it!

Its a clipper...........................

It'll be nice that its cold. Will maintain the remnant piles of dirty snow in parking lots for some of us and preserve the crusty couple of week old snush. Ski areas can make some fresh while preserving what they have. Ponds will freeze again making for decent skating and fishing. Hopefully the cold kills off some of the bug larvae.

As modeled the next week or so is meh. Hopefully Tuesday can produce, and a week from Tuesday. I don't think we give the models collectively enough credit for being able to sniff out threats in the 5-10 day range as a group. Think about how far out Wills Xmas miracle was in play.

Anyway boring, dirty mild weather replaced by cool up and then a real chill.

Models and ens have begun to bring back the Tuesday wave. By tomorrow evening everyone will be looking forward to a couple inches on Tuesday

They absolutely have, I was wondering why there was no talk about the early week system.  The Gfs and Nam are very close to a very long duration snow event.  This could end up being memorable, due to duration and what it ushers in.

Fun times ahead for sure.............anytime I see a polar boundary that close to sne I get wood, it will deliver 

It'll be nice that its cold. Will maintain the remnant piles of dirty snow in parking lots for some of us and preserve the crusty couple of week old snush. Ski areas can make some fresh while preserving what they have. Ponds will freeze again making for decent skating and fishing. Hopefully the cold kills off some of the bug larvae.

As modeled the next week or so is meh. Hopefully Tuesday can produce, and a week from Tuesday. I don't think we give the models collectively enough credit for being able to sniff out threats in the 5-10 day range as a group. Think about how far out Wills Xmas miracle was in play.

Anyway boring, dirty mild weather replaced by cool up and then a real chill.

I really think a 24-48 hour light snow event is in the cards out there, can't rule out an ivt either out that way......I actually think its time to get excited, first time I have seen hope in two years now its nice to have something else to talk about than the mega 23 month long firestorm.

Pretty much-we had our one storm on 12/29/12. Last year featured one storm around 1/19...Hopefully we can get something, but looks bad next 7-10 days for much more than .25 of QPF and average temps...

It looks pretty cold mlk onward doesn't it? I mean its not like the models are warm, thats cold stuff. I guess that's a relative thing, but its a big improvement over what we've had. As one pro has been saying elsewhere the overall pattern has turned dry, now it may just turn colder and dry. (Aside of the ice/ snow storm Tuesday)

One step at a time, big February incoming

Archived