• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Pattern change on our doorstep - will it deliver the goods? General Discussion/ banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People should not expect an epic pattern....this is not a forecasted epic pattern. Lets keep expectations in check. If they happen to be epic..than weenies out for all of us..but I get the feeling people are setting the bar too high. This pattern is more for potential snow chances.

Yea it potentially is, could be 2-3 weeks before it produces a lot of snow but it is potentially a very high expectation pattern

People should not expect an epic pattern....this is not a forecasted epic pattern. Lets keep expectations in check. If they happen to be epic..than weenies out for all of us..but I get the feeling people are setting the bar too high. This pattern is more for potential snow chances.

Stay the course

94 is rolling through the door scooter, starting tuesday. la epic!

from where i stand, i see nothing noteworthy for snowlovers on the horizon. aka, next 7 days or so. pattern upcoming looks cold and boring.

Agree, Not much excitement here unless you like cold and dry conditions

You would have a better shot then up here

I noticed some of the clippers favored NNE. This is a pattern where clippers or high plains low pressure come flying out of nowhere and show up on the models within 5 days or so. It's just way too early to say cold and dry or meh cold and snow. Just keep things realistic...I feel like people are setting the bar a bit too high..obviously not you.

I noticed some of the clippers favored NNE. This is a pattern where clippers or high plains low pressure come flying out of nowhere and show up on the models within 5 days or so. It's just way too early to say cold and dry or meh cold and snow. Just keep things realistic...I feel like people are setting the bar a bit too high..obviously not you.

Yeah, I see pieces of vorticity coming thru in the northern stream up here, We may cash on some of these, But i think the period after the 18th has some of those better chances as long as the PV does not come to far south

Yeah, I see pieces of vorticity coming thru in the northern stream up here, We may cash on some of these, But i think the period after the 18th has some of those better chances as long as the PV does not come to far south

absolutely and I set my bar even higher for PF after looking at stuff all morning , 3 feet in two weeks. Fook the caution flags, I lose I lose, who cares. Science does have some merit in my forecast, not like I am pulling it out of my arse. Good luck to all.

The pattern doesn't scream cold and dry to me.  As Will mentioned, the massive AK ridge would allow for some clippers to move south of the PV and potentially become Miller Bs.  One potential problem (which is just about true is any pattern) is that the flow is fast.  This may not allow things to phase or amplify easily.  If we start to decrease the flow across the CONUS...and the SE ridge is beat down a bit....then the pattern could become epic.

Geezus cry me a friggin big river LOL. Dude they have been getting smoked. Add my two feet in two weeks in and he still is smoking climo. .before the highest climo period of the year.

In reality it would probably take more than 24” of snowfall to have the snowpack go up 24” in depth as shown in your diagram, but I’m with you, Mt. Mansfield doesn’t typically go that long without decent shots of snow.  Yesterday I posted a reply in the NNE thread and pointed out all the clippers and such that were modeled on the ECMWF and GFS at that time.  Even if the current runs aren’t as robust in terms of precipitation, that could easily just be the ups and downs of the modeling.

Yep. and why the fook not, you were just a young turd in 94, sh it flew at us out of no where. I understand how you need to be in your discussions. I threw my caution flags away for the next month. Happy Happy Happy everybody happy.

Me love clippers, I have benefited more then once when they "Bomb" in the GOM, More so DE Maine if they get going to late

Archived