joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/29 Winter Storm OBS/Disco Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll also be when the storm's just about over for us and New England starts getting slammed. Their longitude's helping them out today in a huge way.

The low pressure is closer to the coast and about 3mb stronger than the 0z GFS had it progged.

Here was last night's GFS:

post-475-0-31822400-1356807947_thumb.gif

Here is the actual location, argues for a bigger impact for Long Island:

post-475-0-89647000-1356807982_thumb.gif

The problem is that with the exception of last yr the last decade spoiled most.. This was a typical event back in the day

Your right before 2000 with850 s at minus 3 with the surface at 33 and a storm bombing from hatteras to cape cod it didnt snow south of exit 16 on the thruway.

There won't be much precip by the time that happens. Low bombs out too late. Eastern sections and into SNE will get the heavy precip from low.

See my recent post...there is pretty good banding forming in southern NJ. I think a surprise is in order for Long Island and parts of NYC metro as they prepare to get thrashed this afternoon.

I think it will help us out . It will help them more though.

Mmmmm... not all of us...

Still light rain here - not a flake or pellet mixed in... temp down to 33.3 with a dew of 29... so much for 'wet bulbing'... Wind direction between 020 and 050.

Edit - 33.2

Where in Northwest Yonkers are you? Warburton? I hit that area when I work delivery all the time.

We are temporarily in a dryslot looking at DIX and OKX radars, but the banding to our southwest is great.

On Warburton on the Hastings border, its looks like that banding is going to miss us to the southeast

Archived