TO BE ACCOMPANIED BY STRENGTHENING DEEP LAYER UPWARD VERTICAL MOTION

AND INTENSIFYING PRECIPITATION RATES ACROSS PARTS OF NORTHERN MID

ATLANTIC COASTAL AREAS AND NEW ENGLAND...WHERE THERMODYNAMIC

PROFILES ARE GENERALLY BELOW FREEZING AND SUPPORTIVE OF SNOW. EVEN

ACROSS MUCH OF LONG ISLAND...WHERE SURFACE TEMPERATURES ARE STILL IN

THE MID 30S...AS THE LOW TRACKS TO THE SOUTH AND EAST...COLD

ADVECTION SHOULD RESULT IN A CHANGEOVER OF RAIN TO SNOW DURING THE

21-00Z TIME FRAME

Still light rain here along the coast of RI... 32.5/29 - I think I see freezing rain before I see snow!

Not until you posted.Thanks...one more trinket in the hope chest for later.

Yup we were told. We just didn't want to listen. I'm still hanging on for pulling a rabbit out of the hat later on the north shore. Some people (i.e., me) never learn :)

In 18 years out here, we have a strong tendency to start badly and end very well...like that 12/19/95 event...when I had a coating and LGA 7 inches midway through...and we ended up with more than NYC when all was said and done.

I'm still going to give this one a bit more time as Lee Van Cleef did for Kurt Russell in Escape From NY....

I'm just about calling it for west of the Sagtikos- precip looks like it's consolidating too far east for anyone west of there. Too strong initial low, putrid, stale airmass initially in place, and poor dynamics. Not even expecting a coating here anymore.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of some banding pushing back towards western LI later. There is a bombing low well to our south. Shame its gonna be a quick mover.

925mb low still in Central PA but the secondary center has formed off the coast of OC MD. Strengthening rapidly so we should see things begin to cool down soon if we can get some moderate precipitation.

I have no doubt the energy transfer will occur and the 925 low will close off to our east, but the problem is can we hold the precip shield for another several hours?

Barely even snowing here now, since the front end band it's been just light snow. Precip shield doesn't look too impressive over NJ on the Mt. Holly radar. Unless sustained heavier precip forms over NJ I doubt I'll get more than an additional 1-2" out of this at most.

The upper pattern is too progressive for the precip shield to be further west. It's too bad the the 500 mb low is

going to close off near the Canadian maritimes instead of right over NYC.

I have no doubt the energy transfer will occur and the 925 low will close off to our east, but the problem is can we hold the precip shield for another several hours?

Doubtful. Things are moving fast and you can see the shadowing that I was worried about yesterday occurring now as the best lift rapidly transitions to northwest of the surface low.

Doubtful. Things are moving fast and you can see the shadowing that I was worried about yesterday occurring now as the best lift rapidly transitions to northwest of the surface low.

The snow did lighten up here for a bit as apparently the low was just starting to develop and transition from the PA low to the offshore low, but now the snow is pouring here again, I think it is probably the back edge of the developing coastal low now and it will likely still need to move through areas to the east of here.

Barely even snowing here now, since the front end band it's been just light snow. Precip shield doesn't look too impressive over NJ on the Mt. Holly radar. Unless sustained heavier precip forms over NJ I doubt I'll get more than an additional 1-2" out of this at most.

Pretty much the same story here 15 minutes to your due south.

snow light to moderate for about 3 1/2 hours. 2.5 on the ground. I think we may get another inch? Points west will end fairly rapidly from here I think - just like the models have shown.

The deformation band is setting up now just to your west over Northern Warren County. The snow was light for about an hour but is now the heaviest it has been all day.

Archived