joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/29 Winter Storm OBS/Disco Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drove to just south of f the freehold mall back north to menlo mall and started off as all snow by time i reached manalapan it was rain. Then from Freehold to Menlo was mainly rain with pockets of snow along rt 9 in sayreville and Woodbridge. Back home to Monroe and all rain still.

FWIW, it doesnt look as though the precip shield will expand westward in any way as the low deepens. The mid-level trough isn't giving up, and the southerly flow still hasn't turned around, so it's looking like the backbuilding shield of heavy precip will be delayed.

36 with rain here but I am starting to get a little more optimistic. The banded precip organizing off the south Jersey coast with the bombing low is looking pretty good. I think we get more than just a glancing blow from that later, and probably colder. I think we should start to see the NE wind picking up fairly soon.

FWIW, as of 2:20PM we have 0.10" liquid in the bucket. I'd rather it was accumulated snow on the ground, but it really isn't much so far.

Archived