amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
12/30 Coastal Part II - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say a few things that are sort of caution issues...but maybe not.

The H5 vort really jumps to the east extremely quickly which makes me think a suck zone somewhere as it jumps ENE. Second, the extreme VVs may have a subsidence zone just to the NW. Two things here that may bust for some..but I don't really know if or where they happen.

I will say a few things that are sort of caution issues...but maybe not.

The H5 vort really jumps to the east extremely quickly which makes me think a suck zone somewhere as it jumps ENE. Second, the extreme VVs may have a subsidence zone just to the NW. Two things here that may bust for some..but I don't really know if or where they happen.

Agree. Actually this'll create a bust in both directions, depending on which side you get caught on. Essentially will lead to a fairly rapid drop off.

This reminds me almost exactly of a storm when I was in Plymouth State University heading back to Concord during vacation in 2005. Someone may have already mentioned that storm. The storm blew up just off the coast and my 4-8 in Concord, ended up busting with just over 14 inches. I think there were snowfall rates in that storm of over 4 inches an hour with thundersnow.

A bit on the fence here in metrowest Boston whether we get into the NW edge of the heavier stuff or we get a bit of a sucker hole in this area with the SW burbs go to town. Really going to be a nowcast situation at this point. OKX radar certainly looks impressive though with the echos increasing rapidly.

Speed of system translation is an issue. If this thing were 3 hours slower even would be the difference between a midland and a major snow on this Euro run - in fact, none of the runs slow this down enough. Still, if it puts out 1.00 liq equiv at 30F that's probably good for 10-12", and that certainly on the cusp of a major event. Would think the hills in NW RI would likely jackpot.

By the way ... nice clipper coming down at D4.

Archived