northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
12/30 Coastal Part II - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll probably find some way to come in higher than me, it usually happens.

sometimes, but this setup is your area's bread and butter. The caveat is if we can get into a rotting leftover band that wrings itself out in the hills. Either way, should be a good little storm for you.

Blizz that's not happening. Picking up things where they left off with ctsnowstorm, Foxboro better not get 9". I woke up to increased QPF amounts and was like, "sh*t, that has a chance of verifying." I'm still saying 7" there. I upped the totals on my forecast by 1-2 inches for most areas, bringing Norfolk county anywhere between 4-7. I don't see the NW shift like you were implying but the cranked QPF up probably b/c of better enhancement at mid levels, I haven't checked.

Welcome to SNE ... crazy sh*t happens with these potent systems ... there will be 10" totals and I believe a sick meso band.

Can someone pull a cross section? How are the CSI parameters looking?

anyone else concerned with temps? i'm up to 31, up 4F in the past hour

Not really (I'm not talking about my backyward). I don't expect much in the way of evaporational cooling (at least based on the 24.9/22 here), but with these temps, not much has to happen. Might be somewhat denser snow in some areas, but who cares--pay some kid to shovel instead. :)

post-462-0-05058900-1356798537_thumb.jpg

somebody mention 12/9/05? Phil smells ozone?

I'm starting to get that feeling about this one as it exits stage right. Not of that magnitude but a band of 2-3"/hr. snow is possible.

Snowing here in Forest Hills, grass becoming coated. Good luck to you guys up there... will be watching this beast.

Worst storm name given by Weather Channel. Freyr? it sounds ridiculous when they say it

Yeah they're probably using names that nobody has ever heard of to stay off NHC's back when it comes to naming storms. Let TWC keep making a joke of themselves with this whole name game. They'll drop it after this or next year imo.

Archived