CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
12/30 Coastal Part II - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just getting caught up on things... I'm actually a bit excited about it. Things (for once this year) seem to be breaking in our direction.

Thinking 5-9" east and south of Hartford. Less SE CT. 3-6 inches NW CT.

Probably a weenie band of 7-11" somewhere in N RI and interior SE Mass. Maybe clipping Windham Co?

I am surprised to see the warning...we'll see if it verifies.

Hopefully we get a nice deformation band that camps over us.

At least this is way more fun to watch than it appeared it would be a couple days ago. Plowable snow with the outside shot at >6''...it's a good day.

Just getting caught up on things... I'm actually a bit excited about it. Things (for once this year) seem to be breaking in our direction.

Probably a weenie band of 7-11" somewhere in N RI and interior SE Mass. Maybe clipping Windham Co?

I had a swatch of 5-9'' from NE CT into NW RI and into portions of SE MA but went with 4-6'' for rest of CT (2-4'' for SE CT).

One thing that has me a little nervous with going much higher rest of the state is the strongest lift doesn't seem to really sit over us for all that long and the strongest lift looks to just clip eastern CT. during the height of the storm we should see some pretty decent snowfall rates (1-3''/HR) but outside of those heavier bands the rates may not be all that impressive.

When will we get heaviest?

Usually just to the east of that subsidence zone absolutely rips

Yeah that was my concern all along. I have a feeling it sets up a bit northwest of there? But maybe not. All the models seem to have a pretty impressive slug of omega in the SGZ for a while... plus a weenie unstable layer up there as well around 500mb.

Yeah that was my concern all along. I have a feeling it sets up a bit northwest of there? But maybe not. All the models seem to have a pretty impressive slug of omega in the SGZ for a while... plus a weenie unstable layer up there as well around 500mb.

Yeah you hate to point out where it might happen cuz posters get upset. I have an idea where it may setup but will keep it close to vest

Archived