CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
12/30 Coastal Part II - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems really difficult to get a pure snowstorm on Nantucket, I guess you need a strong storm with an ofshore track. I thought the 78' Blizzard was bad for them?

You need a really solid antecedent airmass along with sea temps that are supportive of snow. Figure a track 75-100mi SE of the BM for my area is where their ideal track is.

Speaking from Frankin (no warning for you) County--

We will need a dramatic reduction of intensity and/or an early shut off of the snow picket in order to NOT verify warning snows. The forecast for here is 4-8 so tghe advisory makes sense. With 1.4" down at 3:00p.m., though, I have to think that we'll hit closer to the higher end of that range than the lower. That can only mean more for your easterners I thihnk.

Nice looking action across the area.

SN,< 1/2 vs, good flakes.

Speaking from Frankin (no warning for you) County--

We will need a dramatic reduction of intensity and/or an early shut off of the snow picket in order to NOT verify warning snows. The forecast for here is 4-8 so tghe advisory makes sense. With 1.4" down at 3:00p.m., though, I have to think that we'll hit closer to the higher end of that range than the lower. That can only mean more for your easterners I thihnk.

Nice looking action across the area.

SN,< 1/2 vs, good flakes.

Have you looked at the radar to your south west?

You need a really solid antecedent airmass along with sea temps that are supportive of snow. Figure a track 75-100mi SE of the BM for my area is where their ideal track is.

Yeah I would say Nantucket surely has a maritime climate influence since it's currently 41F and raining there, while it's 14F colder and snowing here at roughly the same latitude, but with elevation and little influence from the Atlantic.

I think they look fine--what are you looking at?

Uh the giant area to your southwest of no precip lol

The black area I circled seems to be an area getting robbed of moisture because of what's going on to the SE.

post-640-0-64323900-1356814418_thumb.jpg

obviously you can't see what's going on in SE NY and NJ because the radar doesn't go that far but look at the Upton site for that.

Radar looks good. Snow is coming down pretty good right now... just got back home. Really impressed with how everything is coming together. I think places north and east of KHVN through Ginx's area do quite well. Pretty confident in that 5-9 inch zone with 7-11 in Windham/N NL.

Yea it's piling up pretty quickly here, great flake size too.

Radar looks good. Snow is coming down pretty good right now... just got back home. Really impressed with how everything is coming together. I think places north and east of KHVN through Ginx's area do quite well. Pretty confident in that 5-9 inch zone with 7-11 in Windham/N NL.

Nice..I think most of C and E Ct is 7-11

Archived