amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 2013 mid-long range disco thread

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't see anything of consequence outside of the mts for much of the east until at least the last week of JAN

at least next year statistically favors big time a NINO

Next feb will be rockin

honestly, I'm not intending this to be a JI rant, but really think even if we get cold the long wave pattern looks like crap and won't be able to spin up anything of consequence, with clippers that produce heading through the Great Lakes

I mean, it is what it is, and I'm just calling it how I see it

will FEB change? that I have no idea about but for now I think most of JAN is lost and I think that can be said up and down the east coast (where people live!)

I appreciate your updates. 

yes, me too

No problem guys. Glad to be part of a great discussion group! BTW did you see the 0z GFS run for 384hr?LOL. Take it with a grain of salt but -14 to -18C 850's over the region. Of course as we all know we won't that solution again until 2 days before the event if we're lucky! Wawa! But nice to see the GFS throwing it out there as one of many solutions in the weeks of runs to come. 

I just don't see anything of consequence outside of the mts for much of the east until at least the last week of JAN

at least next year statistically favors big time a NINO

I agree about the first part as despite getting cooler air this way I'm still not liking the patten that much. However, I disagree on the second part as I don't think next year is anymore likely to be a nino versus a neutral or Nina year.

I agree about the first part as despite getting cooler air this way I'm still not liking the patten that much. However, I disagree on the second part as I don't think next year is anymore likely to be a nino versus a neutral or Nina year.

What do the analogs say about a neutral after a neutral after a Nina after a Nina?

;)

Wes, the basis of my comment was that per site below we have had nothing but NINOs following 2 NINAs and a neutral year (or otherwise similar type enso)

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/ensostuff/ensoyears.shtml

edit: earlier in  this thread I mentioned the fact that statistically odds favor a NINO and I was basically referring back to that

Please don't tell me you put an ounce of faith into that worthless model.

It has been pretty bad.   We need a dose of reality here, and Wes has been provided it for the most part.  I know he rankles a few nerves here...hell, sometimes he makes me depressed...but he's right.

January is a goner for us.  I hope I can be bump trolled and I eat my words...but man, I'm about as bleak and pessimistic as I've ever been.   And Ian can tell you, I was winterwxlvr before winterwxlvr was.  

Archived