amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 2nd-4th event

Deck Pic

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kmlwx, you have a chip on your shoulder and when someone takes their time to make a video unlike you, we should appreciate it.

I was not trying to be rude to you lol. I was telling you that if you wanted to thank him for his video you should do it on his FB page because he does not read this message board anymore. Simple as that lol. :P

If you want me to make a video I will - but my weather forecasting skills are quite poor and I don't think anybody would appreciate it.

I'd personally rather see a suppressed solution at this point than a really wound up cutter..

I am just kidding Kmlwx, but lately everyone has been snippy and I really don't know why. Winter just started and we have plenty of time. I can understand how many feel about the model inconsistency and getting shafted on most events.

I was just kidding about that, just trying to be lively a bit. I agree on seeing a suppressed solution then a cutter. Thanks Kmlwx.

5h loops don't look terrible on gfs and nam. Small and fast moving areas of vorticity that pass just south enough. Would like further south and more bend of course but these types of things are really only handled well at very short lead. I won't rule out the potential for 1-2 shots at light overrunning in the next 7 days.

I'm just not hanging my hat on everything getting squashed like the models are showing. Every single big strong high behind strong cylcones has not been as strong as modeled. I can't see how this is any different this time. Sure, suppression city can set up shop but looking at the models and saying it's definitely not going to snow is a mistake.

sheared out again on EUro.....Is there any reason other than pure wishcasting that we might expect that this could amplify and come north?

Idk- we've had a lot of big strong highs modeled in the wake of the big wrapped up systems and not one single one has come true. It would be fitting to go from unlimited marginal air & weakness to our N to a total squash fest but I have my doubts. I'll go out on a limb and say the juice ends up closer than modeled and possibly more amped. Most likely the battlground sets up further N. Congrats RIC?

Idk- we've had a lot of big strong highs modeled in the wake of the big wrapped up systems and not one single one has come true. It would be fitting to go from unlimited marginal air & weakness to our N to a total squash fest but I have my doubts. I'll go out on a limb and say the juice ends up closer than modeled and possibly more amped. Most likely the battlground sets up further N. Congrats RIC?

Makes sense. That seems to be how they get most of their snows down there. At least we know cold air is not going to be an issue.

Archived