joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2nd-4th event

Deck Pic

:weenie:

both models have it

GFS is a stronger storm tracking from the TN valley to the northern neck

Euro is a weaker storm tracking further south to western NC and then redeveloping of Hatteras and OTS....

both have some resolvable temp issues at the sfc and above...I think we are going to have these kind of issues a lot this winter...maybe more than usual which will make every forecast trickier....North and West winter?

certainly my analogs suggest that...

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could have more snow in the next 10 days than all of last winter. :yikes:

Lol- I just hit 15% of my 11-12 season total yesterday...and I recorded a whopping half inch.

I've had more fun this month tracking stuff than I did all of last year. No analysis in this post. Been eating all day and feeling lazy. But moving to banter when we're a gagillion hours out prob isn't necessary.

it blows up pretty quickly over TX/OK on Sunday/Monday.....I don't think the models are going to lose it at this point, which is why I started the thread...

Funny how Gfs had it in 13-16 day window...lost it for a few days and then brought it back

it isn't going anywhere...it may completely bust or be suppressed or whatever but we have a storm...I wish these air masses were better

I don't like the-- 50/50 slowly moving out-- new clipper sliding in and HP sliding down the back side of the storm. So, there is a little shot of cold air, but nothing really to hold it. Can a brother get a 1040??

how many strung out systems have we had lately?

I don't buy that solution as likely at all

the northern stream squashes it.....it races out ahead on its own without support and becomes an anemic impotent runt....we are going to see every solution...hopefully this isn't the one we get....of course there was a storm at 18z....it will jump all over...I think the key thing is that there is a gulf storm at day 5....

the northern stream squashes it.....it races out ahead on its own without support and becomes an anemic impotent runt....we are going to see every solution...hopefully this isn't the one we get....of course there was a storm at 18z....it will jump all over...I think the key thing is that there is a gulf storm at day 5....

The key is that its not the usual 68 on New Years day

Archived