joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2nd-4th event

Deck Pic

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least -NAO/-AO/+PNA!!!! Right about a flush Bob but winter is not over yet and it's only the beginning. Those 3 are key and I believe before winter is out, we will all get at least 1 decent event. I have always been conservative in the long range and for any snow event in this area. We get robbed more then anyone it seems like.

96+7= 2003 / 2003+7= 2010 / 2010+7= 2017

I guess 4 more years before the Royal Flush!!

Lol... I hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

I agree about the bad luck. I guess also some people feel uncomfortable with their "name in lights" so to speak. I should have asked Bob before creating a thread with his name attached, but I wasn't the one who gave that storm it's designation in the first place. It worked out great, but I won't do it again.

The only knock I'd have about our sub forum is that we tend to take things a bit too seriously sometimes. It's supposed to be fun.

If it were to be named, however, I would give it to Matt.

Nah, it's allgood. When I first saw the thread my weenie ego was stroked but as things progressed it took away from my usual fun with storms so it was pretty clear to me that one and done was it. I did do a good job being level headed throughout and kept up with unbiased analysis whether it was good or bad news. And at the end of the day the storm produced *ok* so I didn't have to delete my account and come back incognito. LOL.

At least -NAO/-AO/+PNA!!!! Right about a flush Bob but winter is not over yet and it's only the beginning. Those 3 are key and I believe before winter is out, we will all get at least 1 decent event. I have always been conservative in the long range and for any snow event in this area. We get robbed more then anyone it seems like.

96+7= 2003 / 2003+7= 2010 / 2010+7= 2017

I guess 4 more years before the Royal Flush!!

Lol... I hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

we also had 19" in 2000 (only Baltimore though Brad)

and the 7 year rule might as well be for seasons, as they are our 3 best seasons, not just 3 times of blizzards. Especially since 2009-2010 gave us 3 20" storms, and Jan 30, 2010 was a 10-20 incher in S MD and VA.

I can only list dates if I have a spreadsheet with me. My snow memory is pretty poor. Names are fine after the fact tho not a huge fan of the cutesy ones.

Move this to banter if needed bit I agree here. Specific dates don't file in memory with many folks (me included). I'm all for naming storms after the fact. I name stuff in retrospect all the time and I can kill it with recall. Throw out a specific date more than 3 years ago and I need google to recall.

Pre-naming a bust is lame though

this even is still a week away. im sure models will be all over the place till about 48 hrs away from event

I think that's how it pretty much is in all situations (save for a few very well modeled storms like in 2009-2010). Only a fool would think anything is locked in at this point. And even those fools are probably knowingly being weenies!

I spent just a little bit of time looking at the panels today. Storm is there but the massive area of hp in canada just squashes it out to sea well south of us.

IF the model is right (and we know it isn't) then this would be the largest and most stable cold airmass of the season. We've seen them on the models over and over the last couple weeks but they have never materialized. That fact alone should raise an eyebrow. We haven't had a single storm get squashed for weeks. Instead we are battling weakness in blocking and lp to the north dragging storms to close for comfort or to the west.

I'm not saying that the storm *can't* get squashed because it can but given how things have unfolded the last couple weeks I wouldn't consider writing it off either. My wag is it comes north over time. If it get's to us then awesome. If it ends up a marginal rainer then I quit.

Archived