Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
12/30 Coastal - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z GFS continues SWFE/Miller A hybrid, and in this scenario, timing of transfer to secondary will need to be worked out... not concerned about qpf depictions now, plenty of time for this to be delineated.

The H5 low from the 27-28th storm will be critical in keeping the trough broad/neutral and defining the track. We may not have the best handle on this until after 27-28th storm.

18z GFS continues SWFE/Miller A hybrid, and in this scenario, timing of transfer to secondary will need to be worked out... not concerned about qpf depictions now, plenty of time for this the be delineated.

The H5 low from the 27-28th storm will be critical in keeping the same trough broadneutral and defining the track. We may not have the best handle on this until after 27-28th storm.

we do not have a handle on tomorrow night yet either lol. Yeah could be a contendah or a poser

Gotta say though, if tomorrow just rains and this one misses --- a lot of CP folks will be needing to take a break from the board for a while.

Would be an exclamation point on 2012. 337 or so days since 1" in Boston... what's another few to get us to 2013. Would be amazed to watch 3 footballs get pulled away in less than a week.

Comparing 12z GFS 12/25 and 12z Euro 12/24 (much bigger SNE hit) vs. tonight's 0z GFS 12/26 (whiffer), I'm trying to figure out why we're losing the sharper trough and better amplification on this run.

The better runs have a sharper ridge over the Rockies and that seems to be affected by differences in handling of the west coast H5 low. And the ULL from tomorrow's storm is keeping the east coast trough broad with more progressive flow so we get a flatter wave out to sea.

In any case, the way models have fared this year outside of 24hrs, it's possible we might get better clues watching bird patterns or reading entrails.

Shanked big time. Progressive pattern with a reawakening Pacific jet. We may be in trouble but if we whiff this week and next we can at least start trotting out the futility comparisons....

I will likely have < 1.5" before 2012 is finished. I don't see any reason to think I will easily eclipse last year's paltry total of 15.7".

Archived