CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
12/30 Coastal - Snowing Our Way Into NYE

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

through 84, h5 looks a little sharper/deeper out west. Height rises along the coast a little higher.(compared to 0z)

This run is much flatter with respect to the eastern trough. It is farther west through 102.

EDIT: At h108, it is almost dead-on-balls even with h126 MSLP of 0z, granted the trough axis is maybe 50 miles west and not as sharp.

By 114, most of SE New England gets a sizeable snow storm.SE CT eastward gets probably 4-8" with a CC jackpot verbatim. Well deserved for these areas.

39N, 70W is where it passes by. Interested in the ENS. Timing is dead on with GFS, granted this is a pretty true Miller A evolution, whereas the GFS was a weak SWFE/ Miller A hybrid.

By 114, most of SE New England gets a sizeable snow storm.SE CT eastward gets probably 4-8" with a CC jackpot verbatim. Well deserved for these areas.

39N, 70W is where it passes by. Interested in the ENS. Timing is dead on with GFS, granted this is a pretty true Miller A evolution, whereas the GFS was a weak SWFE/ Miller A hybrid.

What's the qpf looking like for SW Maine?

The 500mb setup looked better at 96 hours in the Midwest this run, it appears the deep ocean low which our storm for tomorrow is likely what keeps it from coming up the coast. Also note the Euro's usual bias over the SW digging that system, that could be impacting the downstream ridge over the Plains and ultimately the track of this system.

Still favor a brush for now. Pattern just seems progressive and not enough time to develop until the last minute. The trough out west and ridge in the Plains pretty much kicks this along.

I think it's possible to get a progressive advisory event out of that though. I wouldn't expect a blockbuster, but a quick 3-6" on a Saturday night can be great.

I like where we sit for this one. Always better to have a scraper/near miss this time frame than something more amped. I'm am a bit nervous of a whiff to the south, as the Euro and the GFS...while still a decent hit for S & E locales...have trended a bit more progressive the past 24 hours. Hope to see them try to turn the corner a bit more over the next few days but not sure the pattern supports it. If not...we're either dealing with a light-moderate event or even a whiff. If we could turn the corner, could be something more significant. But still...if the coast can eek out a high end advisory or low end warning event out of this...I'm not gonna complain.

For those getting something out of the Wed/Thu event...enjoy!

EDIT: I suppose the event isn't totally progressive...just turns the corner too late to be of much impact to most of us.

I like where we sit for this one. Always better to have a scraper/near miss this time frame than something more amped. I'm am a bit nervous of a whiff to the south, as the Euro and the GFS...while still a decent hit for S & E locales...have trended a bit more progressive the past 24 hours. Hope to see them try to turn the corner a bit more over the next few days but not sure the pattern supports it. If not...we're either dealing with a light-moderate event or even a whiff. If we could turn the corner, could be something more significant. But still...if the coast can eek out a high end advisory or low end warning event out of this...I'm not gonna complain.

For those getting something out of the Wed/Thu event...enjoy!

EDIT: I suppose the event isn't totally progressive...just turns the corner too late to be of much impact to most of us.

Yeah, agree. We definitely have a chance with that one. Even an advisory snow would be fine after our 2" of rain tomorrow night into Thursday.

Archived