• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Can we salvage a White Christmas in SNE?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About 2/3rds of the GFS ensembles look pretty good for snow with the ULL in SNE. If other guidance can keep ticking south, then perhaps we have a shot.

I'd think an equally low probability shot for snow could come closer to late Christmas Eve or Christmas morning. Some models have a shortwave approaching from the west that could produce a light snow event.

Its a pretty safe bet when no storm is progged in the area at day 6....as far as ULL queefs, and inverted trough nonsense, I'd bet against that on day 1, never mind day 6.

A white xmas is unlikely, not impossible...all anyone said.

you should waited 5 mins lol, my post was directed at those who said 0 chance. I am hoping for a covering, thinking it will bring cheer to all

About 2/3rds of the GFS ensembles look pretty good for snow with the ULL in SNE. If other guidance can keep ticking south, then perhaps we have a shot.

I'd think an equally low probability shot for snow could come closer to late Christmas Eve or Christmas morning. Some models have a shortwave approaching from the west that could produce a light snow event.

:lol:

Yeah euro has it too. Even yesterday the GFS op showed a weak feature IIRC. I'd rather pin my odds on that, but it sort of gets grinded in NW flow. Still..even a weak weenie WAA band in the mid levels would be great.

Yeah euro has it too. Even yesterday the GFS op showed a weak feature IIRC. I'd rather pin my odds on that, but it sort of gets grinded in NW flow. Still..even a weak weenie WAA band in the mid levels would be great.

I just posted the chart showing that nicely, ...but as usual, I have this odd proclivity of having my posts end up being the last one on the previous page and they are routinely missed and/or ignored that way -

LOL, this made me laugh.

Winter moths and snow globes are as close as I've gotten to white stuff falling from the sky these last few weeks. Impressive pattern change. From dry and mild, to wet and mild.

I know you are just being real but I have to ask you a question. Does being a Debbie all the time, whether it's lamenting the failure of ski areas or consistently reminding us that the pattern has sucked actually make you happy? I know you punted all of December, if it snows and gets cold will you be miserable?

I just posted the chart showing that nicely, ...but as usual, I have this odd proclivity of having my posts end up being the last one on the previous page and they are routinely missed and/or ignored that way -

I saw it. Good stuff. The s/w we were talking about was right behind this though, coming from the nrn Plains, but it gets pulverized.

I saw it. Good stuff. The s/w we were talking about was right behind this though, coming from the nrn Plains, but it gets pulverized.

it almost looks like we don't really warm sector there - there's a clear triple point suggestion on the barographic evolution of the thing that argue the warm sector passes S.

Also, one thing that all runs are doing that is fascinating is they rocket the dynamics across the country in 48 to 60 hours, then train wreck it over NE on a dime.

it almost looks like we don't really warm sector there - there's a clear triple point suggestion on the barographic evolution of the thing that argue the warm sector passes S.

Also, one thing that all runs are doing that is fascinating is they rocket the dynamics across the country in 48 to 60 hours, then train wreck it over NE on a dime.

It's almost an erly gale, but one that may bring in warmer air from an unusual direction because it's so wrapped up? Then, CAA from the sw.

Archived