• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Can we salvage a White Christmas in SNE?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He and JB have a winter sixth sense, they see dead winter patterns everywhere.

We have our shot at change with the bookend storm to the pattern pre NYE. Hopefully it happens. Is it too much to ask to be able to skate with the kids this year outside?

I'm with huggies on the weekend event. We need the ULL out underneath us.

True story. My 35 year old used cloth diapers in the years before diaper genies. If you got a whiff of the pail you'd pass out. I still think the greatest invention of modern technology is the stop COC on sippy cups. In the old days, juice and sticky stuff would be all over the house. When my daughter was a baby 13 years ago I realized how far we've come technology wise...lol.

A little unstable today...a flake in some higher spots?

True story. My 35 year old used cloth diapers in the years before diaper genies. If you got a whiff of the pail you'd pass out. I still think the greatest invention of modern technology is the stop COC on sippy cups. In the cold days, juice and sticky stuff would be all over the house. When my daughter was a baby 13 years ago I realized how far we've come technology wise...lol.

Don't be shocked if you see some flakes mixed in now.

True story. My 35 year old used cloth diapers in the years before diaper genies. If you got a whiff of the pail you'd pass out. I still think the greatest invention of modern technology is the stop COC on sippy cups. In the old days, juice and sticky stuff would be all over the house. When my daughter was a baby 13 years ago I realized how far we've come technology wise...lol.

I cannot imagine cloth diapers or another month of this weather. The stench from both would make me gag. Did people use a diaper service back then or did you just toss them in the wash and hope for the best?

I'm waiting for Litch to sign on with mtd departures.

The best way for this to happen is a further south ULL. This looks best for Pete and MPM, but I'm not pinning my hopes on this. Maybe the ground is coated for spots. Whoopee. How often does NW flow workout for us? We need this further south.

Yeah this right now has the look of partial sunshine / wind / a bit chilly and maybe a few areas briefly go cloudy with a 5 minute flurry/snow shower

Yeah this right now has the look of partial sunshine / wind / a bit chilly and maybe a few areas briefly go cloudy with a 5 minute flurry/snow shower

Yeah I'm not trying to pee in his cheerios, but aside from a rogue band or two moving through, I don't see how there is widespread accumulating snow showers away from the Berks or wrn CT.

I cannot imagine cloth diapers or another month of this weather. The stench from both would make me gag. Did people use a diaper service back then or did you just toss them in the wash and hope for the best?

I'm waiting for Litch to sign on with mtd departures.

Diaper service. By the time my 32 year old was born we went pampers/huggies. This is one horrid December. Dank, dark, and mild. Get up and go to work in dark, go home in dark, mid day dark, too warm to snow...it has blown dead rats!

Diaper service. By the time my 32 year old was born we went pampers/huggies. This is one horrid December. Dank, dark, and mild. Get up and go to work in dark, go home in dark, mid day dark, too warm to snow...it has blown dead rats!

Wow that had to be one nasty job---truck driver for the pickup service of diapers. Yikes, almost as bad as being a winter loving meteorologist in this pattern.

Shortest sunset was a week ago. Shortest day almost here but it's horrible to have no snow and no sun around these days isn't it?

I hope next month is better fella and think it will be. I just can't get my head around how many big lows have passed us with no cold air behind. Normally when it shoots to 50 we pay the piper with a sharp frontal passage, streets freeze and roads are sanded. This year even the biggest storms have very little cold air drag behind them.

Sultan Charlie Brown was the worst. Lucy pulled the football away because he was a chump. The animation stunk, the stories stunk, they weren't funny and were pretty depressing overall. Give me the bass/runkin stuff, heat miser burgermeister any day.

I think it snows Sat and Sunday. Many in SNE see 1 inch. Euro is kind of alone on north track

I think there's a good chance at a few snow showers around on Saturday, but I'm a bit skeptical of anything accumulating outside the upslope spots. We need to see the ULL come a bit further south. Its possible but not all that likely IMHO.

I think a better shot might be that shotwave in the flow for Christmas Eve night or Christmas morning. The GFS actually has it so amped up, it changes us to non-snow..maybe some ZR on Christmas morning or just plain light rain. But that might be an opportunity.

I think there's a good chance at a few snow showers around on Saturday, but I'm a bit skeptical of anything accumulating outside the upslope spots. We need to see the ULL come a bit further south. Its possible but not all that likely IMHO.

I think a better shot might be that shotwave in the flow for Christmas Eve night or Christmas morning. The GFS actually has it so amped up, it changes us to non-snow..maybe some ZR on Christmas morning or just plain light rain. But that might be an opportunity.

Yeah these partly sunny weekend forecasts seem a little off lol

Honestly yes. I don't see much if any SS on Saturday. It has that grey, cold , periodic light snow or bursts of snow look to me anyway. Temps in the upper 20's. again though I am basing this on Srefs nam GFS GGEM. IMO euro too far north

further North and West better IMHO.. for me .. likely nothing but some wind, but I will take some light snow falling as I finish x-mas shopping.

Honestly yes. I don't see much if any SS on Saturday. It has that grey, cold , periodic light snow or bursts of snow look to me anyway. Temps in the upper 20's. again though I am basing this on Srefs nam GFS GGEM. IMO euro too far north

so an inch of snow...temps below 30F all day and no sun? i feel like you are now talking about powderfreak's house.

i'd be surprised if it were that wintry, but hopefully you are right.

This is one horrid December. Dank, dark, and mild. Get up and go to work in dark, go home in dark, mid day dark, too warm to snow...it has blown dead rats!

It is November in December! This year November was striking up here because it was sunny frequently. It is like we are a month late.

so an inch of snow...temps below 30F all day and no sun? i feel like you are now talking about powderfreak's house.

i'd be surprised if it were that wintry, but hopefully you are right.

Powdwrgeek will get a foot plus this weekend and post all about it and pics of upslope GFS models to rub our faces on it . If some places in SNE can score an inch or two it would be great. I'm probably a little over zealous but hope not

Powdwrgeek will get a foot plus this weekend and post all about it and pics of upslope GFS models to rub our faces on it . If some places in SNE can score an inch or two it would be great. I'm probably a little over zealous but hope not

I actually like hearing about his snow. He gets the rare nature of it and doesn't try to justify the crappy season with 3 feet of 30 to 1 upslope. The pictures are cool and I wish I could get to Stowe more easily. He represents the place well IMO.

Looking at the new NAM makes me think of an old discussion Fella was having about Chicago winters. This is like the ER (tv show) year, it snows in Chicago every episode.

I actually like hearing about his snow. He gets the rare nature of it and doesn't try to justify the crappy season with 3 feet of 30 to 1 upslope. The pictures are cool and I wish I could get to Stowe more easily. He represents the place well IMO.

Looking at the new NAM makes me think of an old discussion Fella was having about Chicago winters. This is like the ER (tv show) year, it snows in Chicago every episode.

If you plan on skiing next week, Maine looks awesome and VT mega upslope inbound.

If you plan on skiing next week, Maine looks awesome and VT mega upslope inbound.

Unfortunately I'm stuck/committed to central/northern NH for a part of the NYE weekend. Trying to decide if it's worth the trip to SR or SL for a day or two in advance, come south and enjoy family time. A lot rides on the model runs the next 12-24 hours, if that next big one around the 28th cuts it's Maine or bust

Archived