• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Can we salvage a White Christmas in SNE?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take flurries/sleet/ light snow near xmas and xmas day eve and run with it,(thats kind of what the gfs is/was showing I think) Would it make a "true" white xmas? Maybe or maybe not, could not be worse than last winter in terms of overall patterns,This winter we have a chance and looking back at weather history it is not as common as some think to have a white xmas in sne. (ponders moving to nne.....)

The hr 216 prog? LOL that's rain man. What the heck are you looking at?

What the fook, the frame I posted had the 850 line east of here and I swear when I firstl ooked I saw thicknesses in other levels that supported snow but now that I see this I am obviously wrong lol...

gfs_namer_216_850_700_thick.gif

Delete your posts and I'll delete mine and people won't think I'm a dumbazz in the am? :)

Oh jeeeze :lol:

The hr 216 prog? LOL that's rain man. What the heck are you looking at?

2M temps are chestnut roasting for awhile. Eventually one of these systems will do the flip and we'll have snow south of the low though.

Weird high placement and every system between now and then leaves the gradient running west to east without much dig. I have hopes for early January and in reality this storm is so far away at 200+ that there is some chance but they have ALL looked like possibilities at this range.

It does look like things change after this storm but to what who knows...not my department!

What the fook, the frame I posted had the 850 line east of here and I swear when I firstl ooked I saw thicknesses in other levels that supported snow but now that I see this I am obviously wrong lol...

gfs_namer_216_850_700_thick.gif

Delete your posts and I'll delete mine and people won't think I'm a dumbazz in the am? :)

Oh jeeeze :lol:

Cold air is wrapping under the low at that point. Someone could/would be flipping to snow on the south side of the low I bet. So you weren't too far off your rocker but it's a stinky setup as pictured otherwise.

Archived