• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Can we salvage a White Christmas in SNE?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, I knew something weird happened because you are more knowledgeable than that.

It is wrapping some cold air underneath though at that point. Highly unlikely scenario, lots to watch with this one but hard to beat whats been going on. Hoping we see a 960 run north and change the pattern.

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/GemPakTier/MagGemPakImages/gfs/00/gfs_namer_216_1000_850_thick.gif

The ensembles try to pull something too, but it looks like the energy waits around for a bigger low down south by 00z 26. Clearly there are huge timing differences in the GFS tonight.

The OP GFS glues the critical thicknesses right on the NH/MA border again. A more wound up solution I fear would only end up warmer on that day. Let's hope the system after that can produce.

GGEM not very interesting with this weekend. Few flurries.

The most stunning part of this warmth is the lack of ice. Are any ponds frozen up north yet? We aren't even close here.

I figured by now we would be seeing concrete evidence of change even the layperson could note. Even after the Gfs gale we are left with a gradient strung out west to east. The pattern looks more favorable behind it but is it really? Cold air seems to want to take a glancing blow behind each system without an ability to really dig.

Hoping the models are going to have a hard time seeing thru the change and bellwether storm that may bring the change. If not ill admit it I will be full blown weather depressed on NYE

The GFS rips the western trough east and tries a weenie miracle Christmas day.

Weenie miracle for the Great Lakes region? I don't think the trough is far enough east/south/deep to really have an impact on New England. I'm looking at QPF's right now..maybe NNE could get something. I think phasing has a lot to do with the severity of it too.

Weenie miracle for the Great Lakes region? I don't think the trough is far enough east/south/deep to really have an impact on New England. I'm looking at QPF's right now..maybe NNE could get something. I think phasing has a lot to do with the severity of it too.

I mean that weak low it had, but verbatim it's more for the GL on the GFS. Euro did send a s/w out underneath us, but it got grinded out to a pulp.

BOX is offering a Secret Santa gift. But the secret is to whom will it be given???

SAT AND SUN...

LOW PRES BECOMES VERTICALLY STACKED AND OCCLUDES AND WEAKENS IN

NEAR PROXIMITY TO SRN NEW ENGLAND THROUGH THE PERIOD. WITH ENOUGH

ENERGY ALOFT AND TRAPPED MOISTURE IN THE SYSTEM...A PERIOD OF

SHOWERY AND UNSETTLED WX WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE WEEKEND.

HOWEVER...A COLD AIRMASS WILL BE MOVING OVER WITH THE CUTOFF

SYSTEM...SO A TRANSITION TOWARD WINTRY PRECIP IS LIKELY.

THEREFORE...LOOKS LIKE SOME ACCUMULATING SNOW SHOWERS ARE A GOOD

BET THROUGH THE PERIOD. GIVEN THE SHOWERY NATURE AND UNCERTAINTY

REGARDING THE LOW PRES MOVEMENT THERE ARE SOME QUESTIONS AS TO

WHERE THE BEST ACCUMULATION OCCURS.

Temps stayed warmer than I had expected last night.

35.6/30, winds gusting over 20mph so far.

Euro drops accumulating snow this weekend.

let's see Scooter disagree with that today

Let's be careful of how we present the idea of "accumulating". "Measurable" is accumulating--but one can measure very small amounts. Let's be careful in how things are presented lest there are unrealistic expectations.

Just sayin'.

I knew you'd do that.. the entire region sees accumulating light snows this weekend

Are you saying that's not happening?

The best way for this to happen is a further south ULL. This looks best for Pete and MPM, but I'm not pinning my hopes on this. Maybe the ground is coated for spots. Whoopee. How often does NW flow workout for us? We need this further south.

I will give one exception that I see. As modeled there is a TROWAL wrapping around towards western CT actually. It is possible that it stays together enough to give areas some very minor accumulations even east of the mtns, but hoping for that means people are truly desperate. Again, I would rather see a further souh ULL.

Well then I guess BOX is totally wrong

Well Mike and Pete will get some and maybe even you get your ground whitened. But I don't see widespread stuff right now as modeled. This is a NOWCAST deal if it were to happen. Again to me, whatever the heck the gfs is doing is a bit more interesting, despite it not having much support.

I will give one exception that I see. As modeled there is a TROWAL wrapping around towards western CT actually. It is possible that it stays together enough to give areas some very minor accumulations even easy of the mtns, but hoping for that means people are truly desperate. Again, I would rather see a further souh ULL.

Consistent with that, it looks like the forecasts have a pretty good latitudinal gradient wrt snow.

BOX is offering at least NW Mass (not sure of further east) 50% snow showers Friday night and Saturday. Albany's offering 60% for Friday night/Saturday.for northern Berkshire, but only 30% for southern Berkshire.

Down in CT, it looks like BOX is posting 40% snow showers Friday night and cloudy Saturday. For Litchfifeld, ALY's offering 30% Friday night, mostly cloudy Saturday.

One of these times these statements about "winter arriving" will be right.

It's possible Saturday morning has some snow showers that drop a coating to an inch in spots as they head east, but people know the drill away from the mtns. It's more luck than anything. Hopefully a renegade band helps him out, he needs it.

One of these times these statements about "winter arriving" will be right.

He and JB have a winter sixth sense, they see dead winter patterns everywhere.

We have our shot at change with the bookend storm to the pattern pre NYE. Hopefully it happens. Is it too much to ask to be able to skate with the kids this year outside?

I'm with huggies on the weekend event. We need the ULL out underneath us.

He and JB have a winter sixth sense, they see dead winter patterns everywhere.

We have our shot at change with the bookend storm to the pattern pre NYE. Hopefully it happens. Is it too much to ask to be able to skate with the kids this year outside?

I'm with huggies on the weekend event. We need the ULL out underneath us.

Someone will probably get into a narrow band and AWTs will be thrown around I'm sure, but these things aren't worth getting high hopes for. Many of us will see flakes flying around I bet.

Archived