• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Can we salvage a White Christmas in SNE?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely think the better chance is Christmas Eve night. There's an actual shortwave that might produce a system there. If we see the ULL shift 100 miles south, then I might change my mind, but snow showers aren't going to go much outside of upslope spots unless you get totally lucky and end up in a squall that dumps 2" in an hour.

I definitely think the better chance is Christmas Eve night. There's an actual shortwave that might produce a system there. If we see the ULL shift 100 miles south, then I might change my mind, but snow showers aren't going to go much outside of upslope spots unless you get totally lucky and end up in a squall that dumps 2" in an hour.

It's an interesting shift in guidance regarding that low.

Xmas eve night is my favorite for snow, but I don't see either "threat" as legit...

Xmas eve night is my favorite for snow, but I don't see either "threat" as legit...

I think it warrants a little attention as guidance is trying to hint at something, however let's see what today's models bring. Euro grinded the s/w out, but it was potent enough and a siggy change to make you go hmmmmm.

I hear the need is for the low to track further south for hopes of eeking out any snow showers this weekend. That seems pretty evident. That said, I don't see what would cause it to do that. I suppose if the primary were not as strong, that could allow for a secondary to muster more say in the event. But, I'm not sure what mechanism would make that happen.

I suppose wishcasting helps, but the verification of that is pretty poor.

38.2/30, blustery.

Unfortunately I'm stuck/committed to central/northern NH for a part of the NYE weekend. Trying to decide if it's worth the trip to SR or SL for a day or two in advance, come south and enjoy family time. A lot rides on the model runs the next 12-24 hours, if that next big one around the 28th cuts it's Maine or bust

one thing i took away from this last storm up here. identify where the downslope'd areas are, esp w marginal airmasses, and avoid them. bretton woods was a pure torch this storm, and the ground in town had nothing on it. While conway and attitash and wildcat still have solid snowpack this am. Saki i would look at wildcat for next week (in the area). Their point and click bombs them with heavy snow for fri nite. Also the top of wildcat has gotten 22 inches since part 1 of the storm began. so they are absolutely caked up there. down below they received about 11 , which is now prob steel plated snowpack

GFS has a little light precip around SNE xmas eve night - the downside to the way it's doing this though is it actually warms the column a bit. looks like it would be ice over parts of the interior and light rain elsewhere. nothing like tracking day 6 .2" qpf. LOL

I can't see that on my phone, but let's hope it can sneak south.

Archived