• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Can we salvage a White Christmas in SNE?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dinglebury has spoken.

He also said BOS didn't get advisory level snow in February 2011. They actually had 2 advisory level events....10.4" on Feb 1-2 and then 5.3" on Feb 27, 2011.

Not that I would want to let facts get in the way of some good whining.

As for Snow within the next 7 days...not look good for enough for a white Christmas, but we'll have to watch possible inverted trough. Its not there verbatim right now though on guidance.

Who said 1-3? The signal is there got widespread ground whitening snow showers and squalls

If it makes you feel better. I don't see anything like that unless you somehow luck out in a dying LES band or something fluky. You are going to want a more inv trough look for snow to pivot down from Maine instead. That looks like it may not happen.

It's gotten to the point where we are hoping for LES snow squalls. Good luck with that.

If it makes you feel better. I don't see anything like that unless you somehow luck out in a dying LES band or something fluky. You are going to want a more inv trough look for snow to pivot down from Maine instead. That looks like it may not happen.

It's gotten to the point where we are hoping for LES snow squalls. Good luck with that.

You can try and bring other folks down, but I remain optimistic for widespread light snows this weekend

You can try and bring other folks down, but I remain optimistic for widespread light snows this weekend

Well be careful with weenie goggles because that's what got you in trouble with your partial three mile island meltdown the other day. Like I said, hope for a more inv trough look to get snow. Otherwise it doesn't look good.

I forget what year it was, had to be mid 80s because the kids were very young. It had rained the morning of Christmas eve as southerly flow sent a slug of moisture in from a cut off cold ULL to our west. Bummer but being Christmas with little kids the weather was far secondary and the joy and festivities continued unabated. We all gathered at my Moms house for the celebration, eating downstairs in the finished basement. In a scene right out of White Christmas my niece came down stairs and loudly proclaimed it is snowing. Old, young and the slightly inebriated rushed up the stairs as one. The ULL had slid overhead and had squeezed out parachutes laying down an inch or so. That single inch is etched in my mind forever, by far my favorite Christmas snow. The magic of frozen water was brought home to me that night. So many of my Aunts and relatives had told me how much they hated snow, that night was not one of them. Perhaps with a little luck someone in SNE will get parked under a squall and get that feeling. I know a lot of us could use the rush of that good feeling in our hearts.

Amazing that some preach constantly not to believe 6 day progs but...

Its a pretty safe bet when no storm is progged in the area at day 6....as far as ULL queefs, and inverted trough nonsense, I'd bet against that on day 1, never mind day 6.

A white xmas is unlikely, not impossible...all anyone said.

12z GFS is a good demonstration fo how we want the ULL to behave this weekend to try and get some accumulating snow. It deepens it over SE NY and then CT and spawns a sfc reflection SE of Block Island...that would probably give a lot of snow showers or even periods of steadier snow to SNE. Not a major storm or anything as occlusion has occurred to dynamics are weak, but if you are looking for a White Christmas, this would probably do the trick.

gfs continues the trend of allowing the ULL to slide further south, looks like light snows/snowshowers this weekend which in this pattern is a full on WIN

GFS has between a .1 and a sliver of .25 over the lower cape in a 24 hour period. If the ULL track is real and it comes out under us, we'll all have snow this weekend falling from the sky in the eastern 3/4 of SNE. 500/700/850mb lows track out just under/over us. Could we finally be catching a break?

12z GFS is a good demonstration fo how we want the ULL to behave this weekend to try and get some accumulating snow. It deepens it over SE NY and then CT and spawns a sfc reflection SE of Block Island...that would probably give a lot of snow showers or even periods of steadier snow to SNE. Not a major storm or anything as occlusion has occurred to dynamics are weak, but if you are looking for a White Christmas, this would probably do the trick.

Yep. It would be really, really nice if one finally broke for us.

Its all modelology with them. There's no meteorology

What a bonehead statement. The meteorology was there displaying scenarios where we could have a white Christmas. Your scenario of deep NW flow would be awful. Get the ULL south and maybe an inv trough signature like we said, and then you can grab something.

Yeah the track at 500mb looks better. It would feel wintry on Sat, especially for the higher spots that stay below freezing.

A piece of trailing energy over Quebec Province preceeding the storm keeps heights lower from Quebec through Maine into the Maritimes and might lock in a longer period of low level cold. That could spell a few hours of frozen or freezing precip, esp for C and NNE, before the front swings through.

That is the exact scenario I discussed this morning , and wax told I was on 3 mile island

Can 12/25 offer more snow?

That shortwave coming in from the west gets crushed by the NW flow from the ULL pulling to the northeast of us...but give it just a smidge more room and it would be a clipper like system for 12/25. Probably flurries verbatim as the vortmax goes over us.

That's two shots at snow on or before 12/25. Neither has big potential, but only a couple inches of fluff would go a long way to increase the holiday spirit.

See my very first post in this thread when I started it yesterday.

He agreed with your first posts yesterday...saying that a ULL far eniugh south or even a potent little shortwave rounding the base of it could give us a shot...but its not a good chance.

Your disagreement came when you stated the 00z Euro last night had snow for us. Outside of a couple weenie flurries, it did not show that. ULL was too far north on the Euro.

Archived