• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 16-17 wintry obs/discussion

ORH_wxman

Other thread is way past due at over 1500 posts.

We'll discuss what could be a pretty nasty afternoon, evening, and even Monday morning period in the CAD spots of interior SNE and of course a bit more snow up into CNE/NNE with this first system. The second system is looking pretty rainy, but we'll stick to event #1 in here.

Currently 34/16

2012121523metarsalb.gif

Cold air drain currently evident with dewpoints low up north and have been falling around here during the afternoon. Not sure how much tug these will get tomorrow as the secondary reflection forms to the south....but if a little bit of a feed can develop then there is potential for a prolonged period of ZR over the interior.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other thread is way past due at over 1500 posts.

We'll discuss what could be a pretty nasty afternoon, evening, and even Monday morning period in the CAD spots of interior SNE and of course a bit more snow up into CNE/NNE with this first system. The second system is looking pretty rainy, but we'll stick to event #1 in here.

Currently 34/16

Cold air drain currently evident with dewpoints low up north and have been falling around here during the afternoon. Not sure how much tug these will get tomorrow as the secondary reflection forms to the south....but if a little bit of a feed can develop then there is potential for a prolonged period of ZR over the interior.

Agreed... looks pretty slick for a period of time. Thinking E slopes of the Berks and E slopes of ORH Hills will be pretty nasty tomorrow.

Not expecting much snow though.

Feb '95 had a good icing event.

yeah Feb 28, 1995...that was a big one. Lot of icing right into downtown BOS. We got hit pretty hard out here in that one. The ice lasted on the trees for days afterward right into early March. One of the few cold, wintry feeling periods that winter. The week after the Feb 4, 1995 snowstorm was brutally cold too.

yeah Feb 28, 1995...that was a big one. Lot of icing right into downtown BOS. We got hit pretty hard out here in that one. The ice lasted on the trees for days afterward right into early March. One of the few cold, wintry feeling periods that winter. The week after the Feb 4, 1995 snowstorm was brutally cold too.

Following winter was pretty good

Yeah the most ice I've ever seen around here, we had quite a bit even in Brockton with ice on the trees for 2 days anyways, just to my nw in Stoughton. The week after the Feb 4 paste job, we had the best sledding i can ever remember. Snowtubes on glaciated snow = fun.

What's the timing tomorrow? I'm driving from Greenfield to Salem and back. I plan to leave Salem by one to head back west and am hoping RT 2 is still friendly at mid afternoon.

Yeah I have to go to Northborough tomorrow (I'm getting dragged to..........hold your laughter..........a cookie-decorating party!). Probably leaving here around noon and heading back around dinner time.

28.9/16. Per my bet with Blizzy, if I go above freezing before 28 hours from now, I win. Otherwise, a cold one for Kevin.

By the way, Chris--I saw your message about Holyoke. The only American Girl Store in NE is in Boston (well, Natick). That beats having to travel to the NYC one, though. I'm afraid to say how much we spent on a doll and a couple doll clothes.

Mike u lost the bet w rev.

LOL--you're calling the bet already? I hope you're right--I'd like my daughter to get a snow- er....ice-day on Monday. But, I'm very skeptical about the cold's ability to hang in there. My p/c has 33* tomorrow, so I could win it there. The ZFP is for 'low 30's" tomorrow and steady temps tomorrow night in the low 30's.

That said, the dewpoint's still dropping though nothing even close to those in CNE and NNE.

28/14

Archived