northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December 16-17 wintry obs/discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good work. You were right/ I was wrong. 3 wire to wire rain storms to ring in the holiday. It just doesn't get any more depressing than that.

From a wx perspective only it is true..and we now get to look at another green Christmas..and NewYear. Nothing thru the next 2 weeks that even remotely suggests snow/cold pattern.

From a wx perspective only it is true..and we now get to look at another green Christmas..and NewYear. Nothing thru the next 2 weeks that even remotely suggests snow/cold pattern.

Can we stop whining like 5 year olds?

We have rain, rain, and rain on the way, then we'll see what happens.

Can we stop whining like 5 year olds?

We have rain, rain, and rain on the way, then we'll see what happens.

When the king of optimism whines..you know it is hopeless. The long range is not predictable..If it was we'd be gearing up for multiple winter storms this week..not mild rainers that green the grass even more than it already is

we may not sneak anything in before xmas and it's not a perfect pattern - but seriously it doesn't look as bad as people are saying.

When the king of optimism whines..you know it is hopeless. The long range is not predictable..If it was we'd be gearing up for multiple winter storms this week..not mild rainers that green the grass even more than it already is

Not true. This was certainly on the radar as a possibility 7+ days ago. While we knew it was going to be stormy and we had a pretty decent handle on things all the knowledgeable posters mentioned how with no cold air around it might be tough. Some people refused to listen to those caution and now they're depressed.

Not true. This was certainly on the radar as a possibility 7+ days ago. While we knew it was going to be stormy and we had a pretty decent handle on things all the knowledgeable posters mentioned how with no cold air around it might be tough. Some people refused to listen to those caution and now they're depressed.

Yes it was mentioned..but it was also discussed how they were leaning twds the wintrier appeal vs the alternative. The models /ensembles have done an atrocious job of handling the atmosphere.Whether that is climate change related,MJO related or something else..I don't know..But in the end we have 3 short months of winter and we've succeeded in blowing 1 of them entirely

Yes it was mentioned..but it was also discussed how they were leaning twds the wintrier appeal vs the alternative. The models /ensembles have done an atrocious job of handling the atmosphere.Whether that is climate change related,MJO related or something else..I don't know..But in the end we have 3 short months of winter and we've succeeded in blowing 1 of them entirely

Well the models do an atrocious job when we wind up getting rain and not snow according to some people on here lol.

In reality there was never a consensus for big snow. Seemed like a possibility at one point but never a really big one. I thought CNE/NNE would probably be the place to be and that appears to be verifying.

Well the models do an atrocious job when we wind up getting rain and not snow according to some people on here lol.

In reality there was never a consensus for big snow. Seemed like a possibility at one point but never a really big one. I thought CNE/NNE would probably be the place to be and that appears to be verifying.

Even up there they've got several rainers..noone thought that..Not one person EVER mentioned rainers in ski country

Dude, I was whining the other day because I could see that this particular outcome was a growing possibility. We have a "meh" pattern...could have worked out ok, but hasn't.....the EPO is king, and has rendered the NAO block nearly useless.

Many foresaw this as a possibilty...anytime you have a raging PAC jet, you need some luck because the continent is essentially void of arctic air, and we aren't having any.

We still may sneak some mood flakes on xmas, and there is no reason to feel hopeless for JFM, which is our real climo wheelhouse, anyway.

It makes sense that models would struggle when you have a raging PAC jet slamming into an NAO block.

Dude, I was whining the other day because I could see that this particular outcome was a growing possibility. We have a "meh" pattern...could have worked out ok, but hasn't.....the EPO is king, and has rendered the NAO block nearly useless.

Many foresaw this as a possibilty...anytime you have a raging PAC jet, you need some luck because the continent is essentially void of arctic air, and we aren't having any.

We still may sneak some mood flakes on xmas, and ther eis no reason to feel hopeless for JFM, which is our real climo wheelhouse, anyway.

We're not sneaking anything on Christmas except the elf sneaking into bed next to you. A green Christmas is a virtual lock for you, me, Will and MRG..

I thought yesterday it looked like we had a good shot..becasue I thought the Friday storm was going to trend colder. Shame on me

I disagree. This is not playing out how you or anyone else expected. You're not being honest if you're saying that

While it looked like we could get wintry many of us thought it would take some luck. Unfortunately all 3 storms aren't breaking our way... but what are you going to do. This isn't really surprising to me though I certainly hoped it would have been different.

We're not sneaking anything on Christmas except the elf sneaking into bed next to you. A green Christmas is a virtual lock for you, me, Will and MRG..

I thought yesterday it looked like we had a good shot..becasue I thought the Friday storm was going to trend colder. Shame on me

I'd say we have like a 15% shot....there are going to be little spokes of energy, and it won't take much on xmas to elevate the goose bumps on your fanny.

Like Will said, while a long shot, you can't discount ghey little things like inverted troughs.

Most of us in Connecticut saw 5-15" (15" here) of snow in November, so although December looks like we might get shut out (although we have 2 full weeks left), November more than made up for it.

Just as this upcoming week went from a very promising snowy week forecasted early last week, to a mild rainy week now forecast. Next weekend and beyond could end up being much snowier than currently forecast. Our 7-14 days forecast are a coin flip right now, so I still have hope.

Your posts mean nothing to anyone . Especially after the Sandy situation.

You're cranky today...maybe you should go hang candy canes on the tree or something.....

People forget that December is not a snoy month for most of sne....it has been lately, but that will even out, like March will.

I disagree. This is not playing out how you or anyone else expected. You're not being honest if you're saying that

i don't know how many times people said that new england would be on the edge. it was said over and over again that this could work out really well or also kind of crappy.

i don't understand where this notion came from that this was going to be an extended period of hvy hvy snow

i don't know how many times people said that new england would be on the edge. it was said over and over again that this could work out really well or also kind of crappy.

i don't understand where this notion came from that this was going to be an extended period of hvy hvy snow

It came from Kevin lol

Archived