12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 16-17 wintry obs/discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's not really going to be anything interesting for ice though. We're talking about maybe 0.1 or 0.2 inches of accretion above 1kft down here. Meh.

In the 30 years I have lived in New England, there have been a few icing events here and there in CT but the lion's share of them seem to have a tough time occurring down there. Perhaps in the CT R Valley would be an exception. It seems in most cases with CAD related cold air and a rain sounding just above, the llv freezing terminates at the CT/MA border. Interesting.

In the 30 years I have lived in New England, there have been a few icing events here and there in CT but the lion's share of them seem to have a tough time occurring down there. Perhaps in the CT R Valley would be an exception. It seems in most cases with CAD related cold air and a rain sounding just above, the llv freezing terminates at the CT/MA border. Interesting.

There have been two icing events here in the last 10 years that both knocked out power for two weeks.

interesting looking 850's saggin into nh/mass border mon early morning thru commute as hvy qpf may be in area. commute around concord nh down to manchester and possibly even salem/nashua look potentially awful. wonder if towns like haverhill can get a snow dump or even down to near andover/lawrence? they will be close

Huh? There have been 2 major ones in the last 10 years.

interesting looking 850's saggin into nh/mass border mon early morning thru commute as hvy qpf may be in area. commute around concord nh down to manchester and possibly even salem/nashua look potentially awful. wonder if towns like haverhill can get a snow dump or even down to near andover/lawrence? they will be close

Well, the interior NE Mass area has a better shot than the NW areas.......good luck up that way.

crayton lake -6 :) also far eastern maine in low teens right down to water. wow what an impressive shot for NE new england.

augusta 15/6

rochester,nh 24/10

north hampton,nh 25/16 and the dews slowly rise as you seep back sw into N/NE mass. lotts of mid 20's away from immediate coast in NE mass now but with 20dp's.

hope dew points can ooze down to low teens in ne mass tonite, drain that cold in

We get a pretty substantial one every other winter or so and have had two major ice storms in the last 10 years. There is some kind of icing event at least twice a winter usually.

Well yeah ... but I'd like to see the hard climo numbers - I bet the frequency is tipped up this way, but who knows... I said it "seems" - so

crayton lake -6 :) also far eastern maine in low teens right down to water. wow what an impressive shot for NE new england.

augusta 15/6

rochester,nh 24/10

north hampton,nh 25/16 and the dews slowly rise as you seep back sw into N/NE mass. lotts of mid 20's away from immediate coast in NE mass now but with 20dp's.

hope dew points can ooze down to low teens in ne mass tonite, drain that cold in

I hate it when dew points ooze. :)

28/13

Wow at the 00z NAM:

BOS FRH

54032979354 08408 040713 43020299

60050999339 12905 000115 41010199 ...This is .82 of snow/sleet mix guys!

hmmmmmmm.................

Oh Tippy cup you were talking midweek for that snow in WMa huh? I looked and it makes sense now.

http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/nam/00znamsnow_NE078.gif

nam would have cne/nne ski resorts off the respirators and on to the slopes for the tue/ tue nite storm. takes it from marthas vineyard NE/NNE into western GOM. and just bombs some areas. wow ill be in Northconway or intervale,nh for the tuesday storm.....paaaahhhhleaaasseeee give me snow

No...it was my bad - schit! Those were ALB's numbers, not BOS. BOS is if anything insultingly warmer -

Well--they're kinda close.....

hr 60 weenie snow maps for new england

not much to nh border maybe an inch per 0z nam

http://raleighwx.ame...msnow_NE060.gif

Awesome for Eric and Jeff. I wonder how long it will take for the 2-3 I get to wash away after the changeover? :)

W MA looks a little warm, but this run blasts the Greens.

Yup--a little too warm. But nice to see something. Of course, keep in mind its source.

Temp and DP pretty darn steady at this point. Hanging at 28/13 still. The p/c has me dropping to to 22* tonight--not sure it's going to happen.

Archived