Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Cane Sandy Obs-New England

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah ...I understand that, the numbers seem surreal, but honestly none of it is coming as a surprise to me - in fact, I'm a "little" surprised it wasn't worse for NYC, because much to my chagrin, the Euro appears more correct for the hard left that I figured was a bit bias.

At risk of sounding like a petty soured douche, I honest didn't recuperate many responses when I elaborated some 10 days ago that the pattern appeared ripe for a rare "hook" scenario - it seems some writers/contributors garner a bit more attention up front for whatever reason - more power to them. I am not one of them - and it kind of sucks when guy has a good insight on something and it's not readily heard.

Oh well - such is life.

Any idea where that post might be?

What an epic upslope snowstorm for the central and southern Appalachians...it just continues to snow up and down the chain on moist, cyclonic NW flow. Radar doesn't capture the low level precipitation in the mountains as well, but obs show its still snowing over most of the West Virginia/Virginia border, and as far south as Tennessee.

After finally seeing the totality of Sandy, I am convinced greatest storm impact wise in modern history. The breadth is amazing. The destruction is the NEs Katrina with a bigger population and a blizzard to boot. Before the purists get their panties in a bunch, not talking Met definitions.

I get what you're saying, but Katrina may have Sandy beat. Andrew was no slouch. If you're just talking the US, then we can forget Tsunamis and earthquakes, but Japan comes to mind....

Ginx (I am always going to call you that), you might be right

In the United States, the storm was responsible for the loss of electric power to over 10 million customers. It is purported to have been directly experienced by nearly 40 percent of the country's population at that time.[3] A total of 310 people perished.

Archived