amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November 2012 General Discussion

SpartyOn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Create a b*tch and moan thread. I saw one in the Upstate NY/PA sub-forum. Seems to work well.

I want to say we had one here as well. Either last winter or the one before. "Winter complaining" thread or something like that. In any case, I was just joshing around. This hobby has been so depressing and dispiriting to me lately that I hardly have the motivation to rant and rave. Maybe a spurt of pessimism here and there.

I want to say we had one here as well. Either last winter or the one before. "Winter complaining" thread or something like that. In any case, I was just joshing around. This hobby has been so depressing and dispiriting to me lately that I hardly have the motivation to rant and rave. Maybe a spurt of pessimism here and there.

I believe you're right about a prior complaining thread. I don't think it's a bad idea to do another one for this winter. I mean the complaining is already starting...so then we can keep it in it's own thread...away from the actual weather discussion, whether it's good or bad. I do have a good guess as to the top 3 posters would be in that thread though. biggrin.png

But I hear you...the weather of the past year plus has been rather dull. It's probably why my expectations for MBY are set low for this winter. Can't lose with that idea I guess.

I believe you're right about a prior complaining thread. I don't think it's a bad idea to do another one for this winter. I mean the complaining is already starting...so then we can keep it in it's own thread...away from the actual weather discussion, whether it's good or bad. I do have a good guess as to the top 3 posters would be in that thread though. biggrin.png

But I hear you...the weather of the past year plus has been rather dull. It's probably why my expectations for MBY are set low for this winter. Can't lose with that idea I guess.

It's been multiple years for me though. And there are definitely fissures starting to form because of it. I think I've gone from madly in love to just in love with this hobby. Count my posts. I probably have 100 or so since Sept. Easily could have doubled or tripled that in previous years. Only passing interest in the midweek non-storm, even when it looked promising. Didn't even wake up in the middle of the night to view the models.

Ah well. It is what it is. Thanks for being a shoulder to cry on Tim. cry.gif You're the bedrock of this subforum.

It's been multiple years for me though. And there are definitely fissures starting to form because of it. I think I've gone from madly in love to just in love with this hobby. Count my posts. I probably have 100 or so since Sept. Easily could have doubled or tripled that in previous years. Only passing interest in the midweek non-storm, even when it looked promising. Didn't even wake up in the middle of the night to view the models.

Ah well. It is what it is. Thanks for being a shoulder to cry on Tim. cry.gif You're the bedrock of this subforum.

Tough run for you up there, I don't blame you. I used to love weather a lot more than I do now. I mean, I still enjoy it, but it doesn't bother me near as much when things go awry...not that it should have in the beginning. Oh well, keep your chin up Mike. And try to enjoy whatever wintry weather comes your way in the next 3-4 months. Hopefully there's some good times for all.

So, boring pattern setting up. We should get something in two weeks (if we do get something), it will be almost middle of December, now if we don't, we will wait for another storm sometimes around the 25th of Dec, almost January, (never mind the storm never happened), let's wait until January, models are showing something around the 10th, (10th no storm), we get a lot of rain, (no worries next one will be snow) yeah right, (suppressed). It's Jan 30th, February should be fun and snowy, pattern change, (Nope, never happens), and so on we keep watching the models, time flies, and so does our life. We get older LOL...What amazes me is that I've known some of you for so long, several years, we started a while back on the ACCU forums (2007/8?), Chicago Storm is one, then whatever happened to WFRECK? LOL. Anyway you see how quickly time passes? It's just crazy... I just hope that this year does not end up like last (hopefully it will not)...

I just made a complaint thread :) Go Bonkers in there

So, boring pattern setting up. We should get something in two weeks (if we do get something), it will be almost middle of December, now if we don't, we will wait for another storm sometimes around the 25th of Dec, almost January, (never mind the storm never happened), let's wait until January, models are showing something around the 10th, (10th no storm), we get a lot of rain, (no worries next one will be snow) yeah right, (suppressed). It's Jan 30th, February should be fun and snowy, pattern change, (Nope, never happens), and so on we keep watching the models, time flies, and so does our life. We get older LOL...What amazes me is that I've known some of you for so long, several years, we started a while back on the ACCU forums (2007/8?), Chicago Storm is one, then whatever happened to WFRECK? LOL. Anyway you see how quickly time passes? It's just crazy... I just hope that this year does not end up like last (hopefully it will not)...

That's Powerball..

I imagine Detroit had similar to me - 0.3". It has all melted now. As was mentioned above, it was odd in that to the naked eye you noticed it alot more on the pavement than the grass (see my snowboard pic).

You're right.

Everything was snow covered this morning when I woke (probably somewhere around a half inch officially I'd estimate, as a good chunk of the grass was covered). I even had to brush off the car for the first time this season.

But in any event, it's purely bonus snow at this point.

Leading sentences from this afternoon's forecast discussion from IWX and IND:

IWX: QUIET WEATHER CONTINUES ACROSS THE AREA...

IND: A RATHER ACTIVE WEATHER PATTERN IS IN PLACE ...

I guess it depends on your definition of active.

Active doesn't have to be big but it just feels weird to call this active. :lol:

This may be of some interest to you...new AWOS site

ANQ - Angola IN

That little clipper that moved through this morning produced a gorgeous surprise for me this morning. I live in Hamilton now but I was in Chatham for the weekend (east of Windsor) and from about 5 - 8 am this morning we had moderate snow that accumulated up to 4cm (1.6"). It actually snowed hard enough to accumulate on the roads and pavement which was surprising. Most of it had melted by the afternoon but there were still small amounts left on the grass and fields. I took a lot of pictures because I figured we might not see the ground covered in white again for a while at this rate.

The sad part was that the total of 2" we've had this November has made it the snowiest November since 2008 for Chatham. If that other storm had worked out for our area, we could have received the snowiest November since 2002.

The sky has that look of when a snow system is moving in. Thick altostratus moving overhead completely blocking out the sun. Without technology I probably would be thinking a storm was moving in. Can't wait for the real thing! guitar.gif

EDIT: Point has us down to 10 tonight, so it's not out of the question we see our first single digits if all goes well.

Archived