Newest Member
    amirah5
November 2012 General Discussion

SpartyOn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep...

Now If I had any willpower I would be able to step back away from anything wx related until the torch relaxes next week instead of wasting so many hrs worrying about Fantasy land..

Just get me the grass covered through the Holidays and I will be very grateful even if I end up way below normal snowfall for the month and every body else is plus. I just don't do a brown holiday season very well.

Until we see some snow systems locked in within 120 to 168 hours in the region, it's hard for me to be optimistic. The long range of the GFS ensembles have looked pretty good for the last few weeks, only to turn into the crappy boring reality.

Some of the computer models (NAM, GFS, GEM) are hinting the chance of measurable snow this Friday for southcentral Ontario, including the Greater Toronto area. In fact, the latest 18z NAM spits out more than 0.25" liquid. So that would translate into 2-3" of snow. The latest Environment Canada forecast is calling for flurries on Friday with a high around 32.

Some of the computer models (NAM, GFS, GEM) are hinting the chance of measurable snow this Friday for southcentral Ontario, including the Greater Toronto area. In fact, the latest 18z NAM spits out more than 0.25" liquid. So that would translate into 2-3" of snow. The latest Environment Canada forecast is calling for flurries on Friday with a high around 32.

EURO has a bit of pcpn as well with this S/W but it's just to our south. We'll have to keep an eye on it but I wouldn't expect much.

10 mile bike ride...30F temp...calm winds. Not bad, but my feet were cold the first half...face was also cold for awhile. By the time I got home I was all warmed up... Any sort of head wind in these cold temps would not feel good.

I wish I could handle bike riding this time of year but I simply cannot. Glad to have an elliptical in my apartment, never gets below 65 °F during my exercises.

Most of Wisconsin below freezing already tonight, looks like mid 20s for the lows. The weather needs to do something exciting already, i.e. snow.

EURO has a bit of pcpn as well with this S/W but it's just to our south. We'll have to keep an eye on it but I wouldn't expect much.

At the rate winters are going in Toronto, I'd take an inch and wouldn't ask for a mile.

Amazing temperature difference between Toronto and Ottawa/Montreal coming up on Friday thanks to the NE wind.

41/26 with a T of snow.. almost exactly the norm of 40/26.

Tougher to cool it down this fall after 2 yrs of torching it.

avgtemps-m_1992-2011.gif

KMKX/UGN/ALEK Better hope for a dec of clippers or the winds of hookers turning NE quick enough to save part of the storm.

What is that, half a degree above normal?

Jon

avgtemps-m.gif

Bad news for UGN when the lake is still warmer than last yr. would think with the normal to coolish fall we would be below last yr by now.. That pig must be roasted from top to bottom or something. doubt some high wind will do anything..maybe some 33 degree rains will but we'll have to do with 50's and 60's with any rain for now, lol.

mswt-00.gif

mbwt-00.gif

Anyone want this forecast for there area? ^_^

• This Afternoon Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 23. Wind chill values as low as -7. Windy, with a south southwest wind around 85 mph, with gusts as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 33 to 39 inches possible.
  • Tonight Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 21. Wind chill values as low as -7. Windy, with a south southwest wind 85 to 95 mph, with gusts as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 37 to 43 inches possible.
  • Friday Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature falling to around 15 by 4pm. Wind chill values as low as -13. Windy, with a south southwest wind 80 to 85 mph decreasing to 70 to 75 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 23 to 29 inches possible.
  • Friday Night Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 14. Wind chill values as low as -13. Windy, with a south southwest wind 70 to 80 mph, with gusts as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 21 to 27 inches possible.
  • Saturday Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 19. Windy, with a southwest wind 75 to 80 mph, with gusts as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 22 to 28 inches possible.
  • Saturday Night Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 17. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 29 to 35 inches possible.
  • Sunday Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 18. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.

Anyone want this forecast for there area? ^_^
  • This Afternoon Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 23. Wind chill values as low as -7. Windy, with a south southwest wind around 85 mph, with gusts as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 33 to 39 inches possible.
  • Tonight Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 21. Wind chill values as low as -7. Windy, with a south southwest wind 85 to 95 mph, with gusts as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 37 to 43 inches possible.
  • Friday Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature falling to around 15 by 4pm. Wind chill values as low as -13. Windy, with a south southwest wind 80 to 85 mph decreasing to 70 to 75 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 23 to 29 inches possible.
  • Friday Night Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 14. Wind chill values as low as -13. Windy, with a south southwest wind 70 to 80 mph, with gusts as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 21 to 27 inches possible.
  • Saturday Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 19. Windy, with a southwest wind 75 to 80 mph, with gusts as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 22 to 28 inches possible.
  • Saturday Night Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 17. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 29 to 35 inches possible.
  • Sunday Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 18. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.

Good god.... That's insane... The wind alone is crazy...

Jon

Archived