amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November 2012 General Discussion

SpartyOn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those in the Toronto area, the downtown station at the University of Toronto is on the board with its first measurable snowfall of the 2012-13 season. 0.3" (0.8 cm) fell this past Sunday (25th). The East York station, in east Toronto, recorded 0.1" (0.2 cm) for the same day. However, Pearson Airport (YYZ) only recorded a trace and is still awaiting its first measurable snowfall.

For those in the Toronto area, the downtown station at the University of Toronto is on the board with its first measurable snowfall of the 2012-13 season. 0.3" (0.8 cm) fell this past Sunday (25th). The East York station, in east Toronto, recorded 0.1" (0.2 cm) for the same day. However, Pearson Airport (YYZ) only recorded a trace and is still awaiting its first measurable snowfall.

Thanks for the infor T4. I didn't even bother checking downtown because I assumed they were snowless like we were. We all know Pearson's penchant for lowballing,but this time I can verify that out here in the west end, we haven't had anything measurable yet.

Pearson is terrible for measuring snowfall and snow depth. I live in NE Toronto, so Buttonville is the station I tunn to for both.

On a sidenote, I notice that my old stomping grounds Ottawa had an inch and a half of snow yesterday morning (about 4cm). The good thing is that the new Ottawa airport recording station is up and running there and it looksl ike it will be just as good and accurate at reporting snowfall and snow depth as the old Macdonald-Cartier station was.

Archived