Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
November 2012 General Discussion

SpartyOn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It came as a complete surprise, too! Certainly the best snow of the last nine months whistle.gif

You should have hopped in the car and drove out to Wellington County or somewheres to see the snow.

Are you in the city of Waterloo itself?

I wouldn't mind a drive up to Barrie, have to admit, although the 400 can be treacherous, mainly because people don't drive according to the conditions.

Clouds kept the temperature from falling into the teens here. 23° was the low.

For the most part with the exception of last winter and winter of 98-99 - the snowfall season got between Thanksgiving and the first week of December. So if it doesn't snow between now and December 5th about - I won't consider it out of the ordinary or anything.

Congrats to those who got LES last night!

I don't have the daily snow data, but January 17, 1899 is the record for latest 1.0" or more single snowfall for Chicago (per LOT). March 1898 had 1.0" total for the month, April 1898 0.0". It doesn't look like an inch fell in one system in March 1898, trying to match up daily temps and precip. February 1898 was relatively snowy, so somewhere in that month was probably the last 1.0"+ snowfall that season. So we can probably safely say at least between March 1, 1898 and January 16, 1899 there wasn't a one inch snowfall for Chicago...about 322 days.

Thanks! A 322-day stretch is hard to imagine (and is much longer that I would have thought possible), but the data speaks for itself.

Dry dry dry is the game here..

16F right now... Coldest so far this season. If we had an inch or 2 of snow...temps would have plummeted.

Same here. Only 0.47" of rain this month and a trace of snow. This will be the second driest month of the year.

How close are you to M72 and Bear Lake? I'm guessing there is around a foot there.

I'm 38 miles northwest of Kalkaska up by the lake, and just south of Charlevoix 15 miles.

I hear the 15" was reported 5 miles nne of Kalkaska. You should have a good 8-10" around bear lake. It was a narrow band of a foot plus, but a good sized 6"+.

Good luck and have fun. Not quite ready to pull my machine out yet.

Only hit 31° today. 1st full day of freezing weather this season. Current departure for the month -1.00°; only going to increase as we approach the 30th.

I was one of the first people in the neighborhood to turn on Christmas lights last night. Few other people working on decorations today, but most people were inside. - Guess they're not acclimated to the cold yet!

32º for the high at IND today, -16º below normal. Have to go back to February 11th for the last max temp of 32º or lower there.

Record low max for Indy today is a rather incredible 9º in 1950.

31º at LAF today. January like.

Hard to imagine a high of 9 at this time of year. Of course it was associated with a beast of a storm especially for areas east of here.

Hard to imagine a high of 9 at this time of year. Of course it was associated with a beast of a storm especially for areas east of here.

The second coldest max temp for today at Indy is 22º in 1970. Pretty good gap between first and second. But yeah, the Nov 1950 storm played the part.

This of course is the earliest single digit max temp in history for Indy, the next one would be 9º on December 4, 1871 (another one that blows away second place, that being 17º in 1991).

Well, I'm in Kalkaska taking a break at a watering hole.... Nice fluffy 14 inches of powder.... Logged 30 miles already.

More coffee please.

Jon

Got some balls to be on state land during gun hunting season. 30 miles with trails closed is impressive. be safe

temp on the rise.. 30... 40's tomorrow.

congrats wiwx.

It is snowing surprisingly well here at the airport, down to 1 1/4SM right now. Nice fluffy flakes too mid-range sized.

Yup, had no problem reaching the ground. Already snow covered here in Sterling Heights...

Moderate snow right now..grass is covered...Might crack an inch with this! :D

Archived